Could use some advice - Westin VS Fiesta AMericana

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

superdave
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Could use some advice - Westin VS Fiesta AMericana

Post by superdave » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:42 pm

My wife and I have never been to PV. We have narrowed down our choices to either the Westin or the Fiesta Americana. I know they are pricy - we kind of want to be pampered and are willing to pay for it (this time). We will have our 10 year old daughter with us. All advice, tips, recommendations, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Tom1

Re:Could use some advice - Westin VS Fiesta AMericana

Post by Tom1 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:31 pm

We too are going to PV for the first time and I've just reserved at the Fiesta Americana. From what I understand, the Westin is larger and probably a tad higher in hotel rankings, luxery and costs. The Fiesta Americana has great ocean views from all rooms on the 3+ floors (above the trees), is fairly Mexican in style, has a good kiddie club (I'm travelling with my 9 yr old daughter), is in an area with better beaches, and is closer to downtown (& easier too to hop on a bus). The Westin is larger, nearer to the Marina area but somewhat farther away and harder to access the nice part of downtown, and the beaches in the Marina area are supposed to be lousy.

Another suggestion - if you can pay for the Westin, check out Dreams -- 3-4 Km south of the nice area of the old town, apparently on a very nice private beach, luxurious, and catering to families and adults. If our budget was less tight, that would have been our choice. Tom

melmorr

Post by melmorr » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:10 am

My husband and I have been to PV 10 times. We've stayed at both locations, along with others. We purchased a time share at the Westin and have never regretted it. The only complaint we have is with the two resturants. Neither one of them is very good and is extremely expensive. We always eat in town because PV has some of the finest dining in the world. My vote is for the Westin, Club Regina. You won't be disappointed.

TANSANDY

Post by TANSANDY » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:58 pm

We have stayed at the Fiesta Americana for 2 weeks every Jan for the last 8 years. This year we have booked at a different hotel. The resort is great and I probably will miss it this year. But we got tired of being treated like a second class guest, only because we were not one of their convention customers. It's sad , because the first couple of years after hurricane Kenna we were only a few of the regulars that still showed up. If you are not with a convention servic at the beach and elswhere dropped drasticly.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:33 pm

We have been staying at the Westin Regina for the last 5 years and it is spectacular. We absolutely love everything about it....from the grounds to staff to the restuarants. We really hate to leave its so nice. E-mail me if you want more details.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:36 pm

We have been staying at the Westin Regina for the last 5 years and it is spectacular. We absolutely love everything about it....from the grounds to staff to the restuarants. We really hate to leave its so nice. E-mail me if you want more details. There are good restaurants everywhere down there if you want to get out on the town.