LOOKING FOR A GYM

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

LOOKING FOR A GYM

Post by BellaLuna » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:24 am

The hotel I will be staying at does not have gym facilities. Are there gyms in town or do some of the other hotels let you use their facilities for a fee? I thought I read on here that all you have to do is make up a room number and you can get in to a gym at one of the resorts. Can anyone tell me?

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Gym Gems

Post by smitty » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:30 am

American Gym and Gold's Gym are located in the hotel zone . Gold's had all the bells and whistles - a few trips back I paid $10 US for a day pass. I know there are several other gyms around the city - just not sure where they are located .

I was the one that suggested faking a room # at the Fiesta Americana to use their facilities (still a $ 4 US charge for guests) . :twisted: Bad advice - pay for a day pass and enjoy your workout without fear of getting caught in a lie.

Qualton Club (hotel zone) used to allow non guests use their workout facilities . The Fiesta Americana limited gym use to guests only. There are plenty of options so finding a gym will be easy.

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: LOOKING FOR A GYM

Post by delectdee » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:35 pm

BellaLuna wrote:The hotel I will be staying at does not have gym facilities. Are there gyms in town or do some of the other hotels let you use their facilities for a fee? I thought I read on here that all you have to do is make up a room number and you can get in to a gym at one of the resorts. Can anyone tell me?

there is a basic gym located in a hotel called the 'san fransican' (los meurtos beach area). last year it was $30 for two weeks and had a 24 access card. very basic (bike and treadmill), couple of machines and lots of free weights. ask for David- owner. great guy!