Molino de Agua Bungalows

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

dkdk100
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Molino de Agua Bungalows

Post by dkdk100 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:40 pm

Has anyone stayed here in the bungalows? What is it like inside? Do they have a coffee pot or should I bring my small travel one?

Thank you

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:26 pm

Last time in PV we stayed in a junior suite for a night, and liked the rusticity of the property. The bungalows appeared, uh, especially rustic, at least from the outside. Many are located on or next to foot paths, and the sitting area by the front door is anything but private.

The junior suite was quite nice, though a little pricey, and are oceanfront with private balconies.

We enjoyed our night there, but be advised its a bit less polished looking than their website images. A plus - Los Muertos beach, restaurants and bars are a stroll from your front door, as is the rest of old town. Can't beat the location.

Oh, our junior suite came with AC that worked part of the night, but no phone, tv, fridge, etc. I'd expect the same in the bungalows.

I can send you some images of the property from Oct '04. rossk41 at yahoo dot com

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

cabins at Molino de Agua

Post by susan p » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:16 am

The cabins are very small and dark, simply furnished. And as mentioned above, located on fairly public walkways. while I like the hotel well enough (and love the pools!) the bungalows would not be my choice for that price range. Sorry don't know about a coffee pot.
________
ECSTASY REHAB FORUM
Last edited by susan p on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

dkdk100
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by dkdk100 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:18 pm

Thank you for the information. I never thought about not having any privacy. I have always wanted to stay at this property because of the trees and the location. I booked 4 nights here and I have a total of 8 nights in PV. Good thing, I didn't book the whole trip here. I wanted the suites but they were not available.
Last edited by dkdk100 on Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:20 pm

i've never stayed at the molina but i have walked through several times- the latest was last year. it is quite dark and a little closed in. the grounds seem to have been let go over the last few years. there didn't seem to be a lot of people hanging around their beach area or grounds. not sure if this is an indication? the area is quiet, though, even with the sounds of PV just steps away!

Wahine7_11
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Wahine7_11 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:54 pm

Hola, Just wanted to let you know about an amazingly beautiful little hotel in Zona Romantica called Casa Andrea, web site www.casa-andrea.com. It is just 2 blocks from the beach, close to all the great restaurants and shopping. Plus it has a nice pool and it's very private with a beautiful garden. Andrea also has great rates.

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Molino de Agua

Post by susan p » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:23 pm

Molino de Agua has been for sale for a few years (i've seen it listed in the real estate guides) maybe that's why the property looks a little less well taken care of than before.
________
Vapir No2 Vaporizer
Last edited by susan p on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:54 pm

Wahine7_11 wrote:Hola, Just wanted to let you know about an amazingly beautiful little hotel in Zona Romantica called Casa Andrea, web site www.casa-andrea.com. It is just 2 blocks from the beach, close to all the great restaurants and shopping. Plus it has a nice pool and it's very private with a beautiful garden. Andrea also has great rates.
What are the rates for one bedroom suites? It looks very nice, and i like the idea that you can go as a group and rent the whole place!

Wahine7_11
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Wahine7_11 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:44 pm

Just email Andrea and she can give you her nightly rate or weekly rate for the season you are going in. In low season I believe she rents for $450/week or $69/night.

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

casa andrea

Post by susan p » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:50 pm

i believe it's more like 650/week in high season. there are two 2-bedroom apts and eight 1-bedroom. it is a very nice place to stay. you need to contact the hotel by email or telephone to obtain rates.

Also note, it is fairly unlikely you can rent out the entire place, because so many people are regulars and reserve their week(s) for every year. not to say you couldn't try or it might be possible well in advance or in the off season.

but honestly it's hard to even get a room in high season sometimes because it is a deservedly popular hidden gem in the heart of Vallarta.
________
RHODE ISLAND MARIJUANA DISPENSARY