"Cheapo Hotels" - villas

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Cheapo hotels

Post by coorslightman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:54 am

Hi Mogens, maybe you or someone can connect me with someone that can hook me up with a villa for 3-6 months at a reasonable monthly rate. Preferably from August 1, - Feb.1 each year. or Sept.1 - March1, each year. We love to fish but I want to just relax for a few months also. Would love any recommendations. It can be in the cliffs, old towne, downtown. Who cares, its in PV!!!! Roberto

My e-mail is [email protected]

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:06 pm

Hey,

I'm a little confused. Your subject says "cheapo hotels", but you're enquiring about "villas" (sounds like apples and oranges to me!)...what kind of budget are you looking at?

That would help anyone that might know of a suggestion for you.

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Villas

Post by coorslightman » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:50 pm

Sorry,Winterpegman!!! I am looking for a villa for 3-6 months a year from like Aug.15 - Nov.15 and then Jan.15 - April 15 every year. Prices, I guess depends on what you want right!!! $400 - $800 a month would be in my price range. Maybe a little more. Looking for something in the middle though preferably. Any recomendations. I know real estate agents will be high. Trying to stay away from them if possible unless absolutely necessary.Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Robert

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Villas

Post by ellen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:59 pm

coorslightman wrote:Sorry,Winterpegman!!! I am looking for a villa for 3-6 months a year from like Aug.15 - Nov.15 and then Jan.15 - April 15 every year. Prices, I guess depends on what you want right!!! $400 - $800 a month would be in my price range. Maybe a little more. Looking for something in the middle though preferably. Any recomendations. I know real estate agents will be high. Trying to stay away from them if possible unless absolutely necessary.Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Robert
I doubt if you'll get a villa for those prices, but good luck and let us know what you come up with. A condo usually costs more than that so I can't imagine what a villa would be per month.

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by coorslightman » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:13 pm

I was just talking about a small place in the cliffs. I have a friend who lived there for 2 years and said I could easily find something for those prices. Just not in town. Outside of town a mile or two. But still with the beautiful view. No you can't get anything that cheap in town!!!

Robert

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Terminology

Post by Jennybean » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:13 pm

It's probably the terminology that's confusing.

"Villa" in PV generally refers to large estate style places with private pool, multiple bedrooms/bathrooms, full staff, etc.

What you're looking for in that price range is an apartment, not a villa. And the good ones rent fast. I would suggest if you can't be there in person (which is the absolute best way to find a long term rental) you might want to try mano a mano online (www.manoamano.com.mx I believe).

Usually by this time of the year all the really reasonable and nice long term places are snapped up for the winter season so you might not have any choice but to go through a realty office, or hit the rentals by owner websites like vrbo.com

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Thank you Jellybean!!

Post by coorslightman » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:01 pm

I just wanted to thank you.When they are up in the cliffs with that beautiful view compared to what I look at home they all are villas.Yes. I'm looking for an apartment for the winter months. I'm just looking early as I don't retire till Dec,14.2007. I'll still be a young man of 49!!!! Thanks for the info and the websites. I'll check them out and I'll check them out in 9 days while I'm in PV from Sept.2-16. Big Tuna here I come! :D Everybodys friend,Robert from Va.

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Thank you Jennybean!!!

Post by coorslightman » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:03 pm

So sorry,My heads on sweets I guess as I am cooking Oatmeal Raisin cookies as I type this e-mail.I meant thank you Jennybean,not jellybean!!!!! 100 Pardons!!! Robert