Just Finally reporting on my trip

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Just Finally reporting on my trip

Post by coorslightman » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:31 am

Hi everyone!! Just finally got a chance to report on my trip to Pv Sept.2-16. A little hotter than normal and a little more rain than normal but still a great vacation.A bad day in PV is better than a good day at work anytime!! Fishing wasn't as good as last year but we still caught 2- 9 ft. sailfish, a 325 lb. Blue marlin, 2 rainbows, a 65lb & 70lb. dog tooth Red Snapper(Pargo) and a 40lb.Mahi-Mahi. I lost a 300 lb.Blue marlin 20 yds. off the back of the boat. I didn't do a lot of traveling this trip as I was recovering from an unexpected surgery 3 1/2 weeks before I left. We did get a chance to eat at Felipe's while we were there and the food and view were fantastic. We also visited our good friend Victor at Victors restaurant at the Marina by EL Faro (lighthouse) and enjoyed the food and the beer and tequila shots for $1.50! We also enjoyed being with our Captain and friends from Master Baiter's charter company.Captain Steve Torres & Rooster our mate and Luis made the trips enjoyable as always. Stan,Rosa and Amy were a joy to visit as always. I hope to post pictures soon from the fishing trips.I just wanted to add that the staff at Villa Del Palmar was just as wonderful as always. Everyone take care.

Roberto

Richmond,Va.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:44 am

:) Last year must have been some fishing trip..
Sounds like you did OK this year...putting a few in the net..
I agree the view from Filipes is wonderful..

Better late than never with the Report :)

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by coorslightman » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:08 am

Thanks Sylvia,

Last years trip was wonderful.I caught a 250lb. Yellow fin tuna and a 135lb. and a 175 lb. tuna. Only took me 2 hrs. and 15 min. to get him in. Brought him to the boat 7 times and had the leader in sight 5 of those times. He was a devil fish as the captain said. My friend Ken caught a 300 lb. blue marlin and his girlfriend Jan caught a 500 lb. blue marlin along with a couple of sailfish along with a 35 lb. red snapper. We have been eating Tuna all year. I vacuum seal everything we catch and freeze it and bring it home. I've already set up my vacation for next year. We'll be back the 2 weeks after Labor day. After Dec.14,2007 I'll be back more often as I will be retiring at the young age of 49 1/2. I will have been with my company for 30 plus years. Might even become a snowbird! Who knows! I'm a PV addict and just enjoy the people,the atmosphere and the beauty of it all plus the goregous sunrises and sunsets. Till next time,everyone take care.

Robert

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Trip Report

Post by smitty » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:13 pm

Nice report Roberto , it must be quite a workout pulling all those fish in ! Good luck with the retirement plans - you will need a huge freezer to hold all the fish you will be catching . :)

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:37 pm

coorslightman wrote:Thanks Sylvia,

Last years trip was wonderful.I caught a 250lb. Yellow fin tuna and a 135lb. and a 175 lb. tuna. Only took me 2 hrs. and 15 min. to get him in. Brought him to the boat 7 times and had the leader in sight 5 of those times. He was a devil fish as the captain said. My friend Ken caught a 300 lb. blue marlin and his girlfriend Jan caught a 500 lb. blue marlin along with a couple of sailfish along with a 35 lb. red snapper. We have been eating Tuna all year. I vacuum seal everything we catch and freeze it and bring it home. I've already set up my vacation for next year. We'll be back the 2 weeks after Labor day. After Dec.14,2007 I'll be back more often as I will be retiring at the young age of 49 1/2. I will have been with my company for 30 plus years. Might even become a snowbird! Who knows! I'm a PV addict and just enjoy the people,the atmosphere and the beauty of it all plus the goregous sunrises and sunsets. Till next time,everyone take care.

Robert
Robert congrats on your retirement and.. I would think becoming a snowbird would not be such a bad thing....Everyones dream to retire young . :)
You mention you vacuum pack and freeze the fish to bring home.
Do you pack the fish in special containers..any trouble at customs..
Is there a limit to how many fish you can bring back..
Thanks

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pdxbuff » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:02 am

coorslightman, I thought you may have been from CO but "no" but I enjoyed your fishing report. I go up to Alaska every other year and usually bring back 2 boxes of fish or around 80-100 pounds as allowed by the airlines. I may have to consider a fishing trip south since I love PV. Curious, you said that you got tuna (some very large ones) and they were sealed and frozen. Who did the cleaning and freezing, how much does it cost and how did you get the fish back to the states?
Also, how much did you have to pay for the boat and whatever comes with it? What does not come with it? I will understand if you want to keep this information private.
Thanks,
pdxbuff

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:10 am

about 2000 pounds of fish caught doesn't sound very sporting, why not catch and release? catching and killing a 500 lb marlin can't be good for the soul...

DonnaMark
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by DonnaMark » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:00 pm

benito wrote:about 2000 pounds of fish caught doesn't sound very sporting, why not catch and release? catching and killing a 500 lb marlin can't be good for the soul...
But it can be very good for many people as a food source...
and catching Marlin could be good for Sole. :D