Review of the Hola Puerto Vallarta (formerly Qualton)

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tuna
PV Fan
PV Fan
Review of the Hola Puerto Vallarta (formerly Qualton)

Post by tuna » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:49 pm

Here is my review of Hola Puerto Vallarta Club and Spa (formerly Qualton). This is my second stay in Puerto Vallarta and I will use Canto Del Sol (stayed Dec 2004) as a comparison.

Hotel:
I have to give Canto Del Sol the win on this one. The courtyard and pool is bigger. I think the grounds are kept up better. Overall a much better WOW factor when you walk in.

The Canto also has better rooms. They are comparable sizewise. The rooms at the Canto were cleaner and were kept current. At the Hola we had a Cockroach in our room, it was partially dead until my Size 11’s hit it, we used this as leverage to get another room but just choose to stay were we are.

If you stay at one of these resorts try and stay out of the floors that open onto the lobby. The first 3 floor at the Hola do this and its noisy until atleast 11pm.

The beds at Canto have egg crate foam. The Hola does not. The beds at the Hola look new but are very firm.

Food:
Although you had much more food to choose from at Canto I would say that the food at the Hola was just slightly better. However, you receive the same type of food day in and day out at both resorts.

Beach:
This is were Hola finally wins one. The beach is a bit wider and the waves seem to break more. Even my wife was able to swim at this beach. Neither of us swam at the beach at the Canto.

Staff:
Both resorts are even on this one. Tipping can go along way to better service/drinks. Thumbs up to George and Sergio at the Hola.

Price:
The Hola wins here at $800 per person all taxes in. Booked last minute.
Canto Del sol was twice this.

Overall, I had a great time at both resorts. Would I go back to the Hola? Yes but I wouldn’t pay much more if any.

I will have pics up in the near future. Keep checking the photo section on this forum.

Oh and thank to Gabriele M for helping up book the Pirate Ship day tour. Hope I gave back to this forum by booking through this site.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:51 pm

great way to show your review... comparing it to your first visit... as well as comparing the price ranges that can have a hug affect on where you stay and spend your money.... thanks for sharing with us tonight...

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:59 am

I have stayed at both hotels and I agree with tuna for the most part. one major reason I prefer the canto is the setting for the evening entertainment. you are outside and you have the ocean breeze to cool you while watching the show.at the hola you are indoors in a large auditorium style room and if the air isn't cranked up it gets a bit stuffy.

tuna
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by tuna » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:54 am

As promised here are some new pics.

http://www.parazz.com/albums/dennisandshari

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:07 pm

Good review, nice to have a comparison as well. We've ever only stayed at the Canto so had nothing to compare it with. But we went back 3 times so I guess that says what we think about it. My sister and her husband are staying at the Hola so I will pass on your recommendations about the Hola to her. Thanks on her behalf.
Joyce