My PV Trip Report- Part 2 (Boat Tours)

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Deb1741
PV Fan
PV Fan
My PV Trip Report- Part 2 (Boat Tours)

Post by Deb1741 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:08 am

Marietas Islands Boat Tour This was wonderful. I loved the snorkeling and am now hooked. Even though it was windy and the water was a little murky it was amazing how many fish there were. Their colors were so vibrant. The continental breakfast and lunch were great and of course the open bar. We saw lots of whales and dolphins on the way there and back.

Los Arcos, Las Animas & Quimixto Boat Tour Another wonderful boat tour. We chose not to swim or snorkel at Los Arcos but still had a wonderful time watching all the fish from the deck. We went ashore at Las Animas for lunch- we both had grilled fish and it was really good. As we walked off the pier a man had a big iquana and allowed us to hold it and take 2 pictures free. That was really neat- we ended up giving him some money even though he said it wasn't necessary. The neatest thing about eating on the beach was wiggling my toes in the sand while I watched the pelicans dive for fish right in front of me. Quimixto was quite the adventure. We opted not to rent the horses for the hike up to the waterfall. I told Mike we needed our exercise- well he decided I was trying to kill him off making him walk 5 miles uphill both ways. LOL- I'm used to walking because I work out at the YMCA all the time but it did darn near kill him. The only drawback of the hike was all the horse pies/smells along the way. Other then that it was worth the walk- the falls were pretty. It was also interesting to see a "rural" town. This was the cheapest tour- we paid $30 each and we definately got our money's worth. On the way back, the captain spotted a whale and they made went off course just so we could see it. It ended up being a female with baby which was awesome to see.

Rhythms of the Night This was unbelievably beautiful and worth the money. The boat ride out was beautiful with the city lights. The show was well choreographed and the highlight of the trip. The candlelight dinner was very nice. The food was nothing exciting but was good.

Each boat's crew was fantastic and very attentive to everyone. They entertained us and kept us laughing which sometimes isn't the easiest thing to do. I would recommend all three tours- though if given a choice of only one to go on I would chose the Marietas Islands.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:50 am

What a great time. We rode the horses, my 1st time riding, what a hoot. Never been there for the whale season though. I'd love to see that. Great report.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:53 pm

again, thanks for your comments and recommendations... this is very helpful to even us seasoned travelers to the Vallarta area....

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:04 pm

DELETED

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

PV

Post by smitty » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:27 pm

Lovely report ! How I wish I could've seen all the Dolphins and Whales - the cow pies - not so much ! :lol: