My PV Trip Report- Part 3 (Adventures)

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Deb1741
PV Fan
PV Fan
My PV Trip Report- Part 3 (Adventures)

Post by Deb1741 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:45 pm

Walking the Malecon I think except for the snorkeling ,walking the Malecon was my most favorite thing to do. The Malecon is wonderful and I'm so glad we picked a hotel right at the beginning of it. Being able to walk it every day and take in the sights of families enjoying themselves was great. Even though we walked it multiple times a day I saw something new each time and was never bored. I loved watching the progression of the sand art each day- the men doing them are amazing. We loved sitting in the open arena at night watching the performances. The Mexican people we came in contact with were so fun loving, genuine, and helpful.

Walking throughout PV LOL I now know how teams feel when they are trying to find a location on the show "Amazing Race". One day we decided to try to find Elizabeth Taylor's Casa Kimbery. It took us awhile just using a map but we did. Another day we needed to find a post office. We asked directions-got lost- asked again-got sent a completly different direction- got lost again- finally found it and had a good laugh because we had been driving by it each day on the bus we took. Over the course of the week, we walked all over the downtown area, the cobblestone streets are so neat and we loved seeing all the different types of houses. I'm a school teacher so it was neat finding schools and seeing the students either in class or in the courtyards. We spent about 2 hours trying to find a grocery store that we had been at 3 days before but finally gave up- we had quite a few laughs about it though. There was never a time I felt unsafe on the streets we walked.

Public Buses With the exception of taking a taxi back after the Rhythms of the Night we took the buses everywhere. One day we decided to go to Brucerias and figured out how to transfer to the ATM bus at WalMart. We did ok but had some problems figuring out where to get off once we got to Brucerias. We managed and had a blast there and definately would do it again. Next time, I'd liked to go on buses to the areas south of PV.

Shopping/Bargaining I never have enjoyed haggling for prices but I did. My first time I bought something the man jumped at my first offer so quickly that I knew I had messed up big time. Oh, well the fun was also in the learning process. I got better but would never ever be close to "master haggler" status.

Overall Impression of PV PV is a wonderful place. Both Mike and I had the most fantastic time. Every Mexican person we had the pleasure of conversing with was helpful and fun to visit with (with the exception of one timeshare lady that we were suckered into "visiting" with one day walking downtown). I had fallen in love with PV when I visited with it 10 years ago but this was Mike's first time. He is already planning the next trip in 2 years.

Thank you everyone on this forum board- your help, suggestions, and advice made our trip go smoothly and helped us decide about different things to do that made our trip so memorable.
Deb

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:52 pm

Great report. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:02 pm

thank you deb for taking the time to write these reports I have enjoyed them all.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:04 pm

I agree all 3 reports were very good...
Thanks.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 pm

The memories come flooding back. Thanks for sharing.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Deb i have to agree with everybody... the fond memories that you have shared with us, are all the same feelings we have for this beautiful place on this planet... yes there are other spots in the world that mean something to somebody... but Puerto Vallarta holds something extra special in each one of our hearts... thanks for sharing again and again.... each one of your reports were just what others needed to read....

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Hey Teach

Post by smitty » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:28 am

You get A+ for your reports . :) These reports might be a good example for your students - all were informative and interesting . Thanks . :)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks for the reports, Deb. I`m so glad you enjoyed your stay and have such a positive approach to everything.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great reports

Post by webmaster » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 pm

Great reports, now other members have a standard to follow :-)

Greetings

Mogens

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:48 pm

If I wasn't ready to back in the next 2 weeks I would be now, thanks for sharing how much fun you had, I could not have said things better.