Fishing Trip Report from Sept.1-15 in Puerto Vallarta

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Fishing Trip Report from Sept.1-15 in Puerto Vallarta

Post by coorslightman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi everybody,

We had a great trip this year! We got down on Saturday the 1st and the whole first week was unseasonably cool which was great! We went right to the marina and talked to our buddy Stan at Master Baiter's Charters to get the fishing report and then down to Victor's on the Marina Malecon for those $1.50 Coronas and tequila shots and some great Fajitas.
We went out Monday on a panga and caught 10 small Mahi-Mahi.Great day. We went out Tuesday but had to turn back outside Marietas as the water was just too rough. Captain Steve on the Sirena is a cowboy but even he isn't that crazy! I was the only one with life insurance anyway! HA! HA! HA! We went back out Thursday on Terminal Blues with Caesar, Rooster and Capt. Toby and had a great day. I caught a 125 lb. Yellow Fin Tuna and Ken caught one about 270 lbs. that took 3 hours and 20 min. to get in. Ken needs to eat more Wheaties. We also caught a lot of football size Tunas. On Saturday my best friend John flew in and we went fishing on Sunday with Capt. Oscar and Caesar and Toby and had a fantastic day. We had a Chinese fire drill going on from 9 am till 10:45 am. We hooked into 17 Mahi- Mahi with three times tripled up.We also caught 4 or 5 baby sharks as one was nipping at my heels while I was reeling in a 40 lb. Dorado.The Mahi- Mahi weighed from 10lbs. to 45 lbs. PV fishing at its finest. John also lost a 300lb. plus Yellow Fin Tuna right as the mate was getting ready to gaff it, when the leader broke. As we customly say when deep sea fishing! S--T Happens! He had fought it for 2 hrs. and 20 minutes.
We went back out with Capt. Steve and Jose and Freddie on the Sirena on Monday and fishing was slow but we caught several football Tuna then things got crazy the last 45-60 minutes. John hooked into a 30 lb.Yellow Fin and then I hooked into a 150 lb. Tuna on the small reel with 50lb.test and had a battle going on. Just as I was tiring him out the bearings in the reel locked up and we had to reel out by hand line while Jose quickly spliced the line to another reel before the tuna made another run. Jose did a great job! He just got it spliced when the Tuna took off again. I reeled him back in and my heart was just racing. I don't care how many times I go out. I feel like a kid and when that feeling ever stops I guess thats when I'll quit fishing but I don't see that happening!
On Wednesday we went back out with Steve and crew. Slow morning bite again but a few small football Tuna and a nice 15 lb. Mahi- Mahi. We were talking about me not having caught a Marlin down there in 5 years yet Ken had every year. I took a coin out and kissed it and tossed it in for luck and in 15 minutes I was hooked up to my first Blue Marlin that weighed in at 300lbs. I was beside myself! I brought him in in about 30 minutes and to watch him fight and dance was a thing of beauty. I can now die happy as I have caught a 300lb. Blue Marlin,9ft. sail fish,45 lb. Mahi- Mah, 65 lb. Dog Toothed Red Snapper and a 275 lb. yellow Fin Tuna.
My friend John hooked into a 8 ft. sailfish which took him about 15 minutes to get in and just as they were gaffing it the leader broke but as luck would have it was snagged by another line and reeled in.Unbelievable! John is having it mounted. He said he had a trip of a lifetime and he's hooked and will be back next year!
By the way all our crews made us fresh Ceviche everyday which has become a tradition and it was absolutely wonderful. It doesn't get any fresher than that!
Well another fantastic trip and again I was sad in leaving PV with my friends behind plus some new ones I made this year. Until next year, Adios Amigos.
Roberto.
P.S. How do I download my pictures to this site as I am computer illiterate.

[/img]

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:16 pm

WOW! you guys sure had some good luck with the fishing. I'm not at all for fishing but that report almost makes me want to get out there and try it.
Thanks for the report. :D

As for the photos upload them on a website like webshots or photobucket and then just copy and paste the link (url).

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:01 pm

DELETED

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pdxbuff » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:14 pm

Can't wait to see your pictures.

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Limits on fish

Post by coorslightman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:24 pm

There is a limit on some of the fish but they were just instituted last year and I don't have all the figures yet but as everything in Mexico its confusing and with weird regulations and rules. We take our fish back every year. We vacuum seal it and freeze it then take it down to the walk-in freezer at my timeshare till time to go home.You can bring back 50lbs. for free.Anything from 50 -70 lbs. is $26 dollars and anything over 70 lbs. is $100. My cooler weighed 97 lbs. this year but I had $900 worth of yellow Fin tuna steaks in there so it was worth it to me. We also brought back 70 lbs. of Mahi- Mahi back home. I can't wait to cook up some of the fish. I'm having my 10th annual party/retirement party on Oct. 6 and we do a tropical theme with spiced shrimp,beef and chicken kabobs,twice baked potatoes,mixed vegetables,fresh fruit and seafood salad and fresh fish from my trip. We are having a band this year and don't forget the Cervezas and Jello shooters! I'm sure there will be some Don Julio Tequila in there somewhere! Go Figure!

Thanks for the info.I'll try to get the pictures up!

Robert

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Mexibeach,
The answer to your question is YES and those laws have been in effect far longer than one year. Just depends on if the captain wants to enforce them or not cuz when they get stopped and they do get stopped, it is his Arse in the sling.

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

My Pictures I hope!

Post by coorslightman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:02 pm

my pictures

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Some of my pictures

Post by coorslightman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:06 pm

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:23 pm

coorslightman A very good fishing report...
Your party on the 6th sound like fun and the food sounds nummy ..
Nice way to share your catch..

The pic looks good ...Your smile says it all.. :)

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Actually thats my best friend picture!

Post by coorslightman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:28 pm

I'm still trying to download the URL or Img to this website from Photobucket.com with not much luck! I need help!

Robert

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:57 am

Robert,

Sign in to photobucket--- click on the top tab that says my album, go to browse and upload all of the photos you want to share. Click on share, down at the bottom of the box under where it says "share my album on my space" you will see a URL addy. Copy it and paste it into your post.

People will be able to click on that link to your photos. Make sure your album is set as public and not private, private requires a password to view it.

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Hey Everybody! I finally got a URL for my pictures

Post by coorslightman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:35 pm

http://www.myspace.com/coorslightman9

Here is the URL for my pictures on myspace. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did catching them!

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:06 pm

Very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us. :D

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:43 pm

Great job. Way to Go!!!!!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Photos look good.. :)

How was the party?

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Party was great!

Post by coorslightman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi PV God! Party was great! Food was excellent and the band was fantastic. I will have them back next year. Everybody was telling me I should have it in PV next year. I told them as long as they paid their own way that was fine. I must have had a great time. I know I was dancing up a storm! I may have drank just a touch too much. My head says I did. You only retire once,right? Must have been the Jello shooters on top of the Coronas and Don Julio! YOU THINK! Slept 6 1/2 hours and woke up with a throbbing headache. Got up and drank a bottle of water and went back to sleep for another 3 hours. Took me 2 days to clean up as some people who spent the night started all over again till I kicked them out at 5pm. I can't party 2 days in a row. You'll have to come next year! ha ha ha I've got to plan my vacation for next year. Probably be late August or September, 2-3 weeks at least.

Talk to you later, Robert

Glad you liked the pictures!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:09 pm

Had to look twice to see who the PV God was..HOLY.... It is me.. :lol:
Knew I was an angel Image but did not know I had been given a promotion... :D

Good you had a fun party.. :)