Vallarta beaches

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

anni
Vallarta beaches

Post by anni » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:50 pm

We have been comming to Pv for the last 6 years and love the town and the people. we always spend time driving along the bay and into the jungle for out of the way places. this trip were were not only surprised but really dissapionted at no one on this site mentioning the beaches are vitually all rocks now since the hurricane. we love la cruz and last weekend spent time on that beach and the beautiful one just west of the town, it was taken in the storm and replaces with rocks like so many others we saw. Los muertos beach is now steep and gritty with rocks, hardly any sand like there was. how come this has not been mentioned in previous posts? btw. the beaches in sayulita and san pancho are still good. i think people considering a vacation in pv needs to know don't you? i feel a lot of negative postings are sometimes erased. PV is still great and we will continue to return but the beaches now suck.

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Vallarta beaches

Post by bsimpson » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:04 am

Believe what you will ("negative posts being erased"), HOWEVER, you still see yours here, don't you?

joan

Post by joan » Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:59 pm

I recently returned from Pv and was shocked at the condition of the beach especially in the Continental Plaza area. It looked like a war zone, concrete, metal rods everywhere. However I did enjoy the Old town and was amazed at how quickly they had completed the Malecon. New Year's eve downtown was the best I have ever experienced anywhere.

slippery- pete

Post by slippery- pete » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:08 pm

i have to agree with annie. the beaches here are not what they used to be. Lots of rock and debris still need to be cleared.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:24 pm

I think the condition of the beaches changes everyday depending on the wave action. We were down there the last week of Nov. There was much construction going on still in the hotel zone and not much beach left. Los Muertos beach was great however. This was just 1 month after the hurricane. We went back for Christmas week and were surprised at how little beach there was on Los Muertos. The waves were huge though. Seems there has been a lot of wave action since the hurricane and the beaches are changing from day to day. They say that with time the beaches will return. We went to Destileradas Beach Christmas week and it was gorgeous!

Shmoo

Post by Shmoo » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:26 pm

Can you tell me more about Destiladeras beach? I keep hearing about how beautiful it is. Where is it? Are there hotels and restaurants or a town there? Is there anywhere I can get more info??

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:06 pm

shmoo.....suggest you post under 'General Travel Tips' re: Destilladeras....may get more response. This is more a forum for those who've just returned.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Destiladeras beach

Post by pat » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:18 am

Destiladeras Beach is along the north shore. North of La Cruz de Hunaxle. There is not a town or hotel there. Just 1 restaraunt. Lots and lots of beautiful beach. I've heard the beach there is different since the hurricane. I wasn't there before the hurricane. At Christmas it was beautiful. We saw whales breaching off the beach several hundred yards. Wonderful show they put on for us. Everyone at the beach was watching them. The food at the restaraunt was OK. If you buy a drink you can use their chairs and umbrellas. We took the bus there from PV in front on Walmart. You have to be careful or you can miss it.
Definitely a day trip I will take again.

Robin

Post by Robin » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:00 pm

Does anyone know the condition of Las Animas?

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:48 am

Haven't been there since the hurricane but I understand that those south beaches did not suffer much damage.

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:28 pm

We were there the week after Kenna and damage was hardly noticeable. All the restaurants had pretty much cleaned the beach area up and levelled out the sand that was pushed up by the high waves. A few palapas that had a little damage were being repared. The only damage not touched was the main pier; most of the boards had come off the metal framework, so not sure if they've repaired that yet, but everything else looked great.

kl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:Vallarta beaches-Nuevo Beaches????

Post by kl » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:37 am

anni (Jan 16, 2003 06:50 p.m.):
We have been comming to Pv for the last 6 years and love the town and the people. we always spend time driving along the bay and into the jungle for out of the way places. this trip were were not only surprised but really dissapionted at no one on this site mentioning the beaches are vitually all rocks now since the hurricane. we love la cruz and last weekend spent time on that beach and the beautiful one just west of the town, it was taken in the storm and replaces with rocks like so many others we saw. Los muertos beach is now steep and gritty with rocks, hardly any sand like there was. how come this has not been mentioned in previous posts? btw. the beaches in sayulita and san pancho are still good. i think people considering a vacation in pv needs to know don't you? i feel a lot of negative postings are sometimes erased. PV is still great and we will continue to return but the beaches now suck.