Beware of the PVR addiction!

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Re:Beware of the PVR addiction!

Post by smitty » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:51 am

Not just you my friend, our addiction is spreading, 1800 + members and counting.

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:13 am

well its 7:10 am and its freezing outside...not literally but it's really cold..and i have to leave in about 3 minutes to walk to my bus stop to go to another agonizing day of school..dear Lord help me WHY CANT I JUST BE IN PV?!?!?!?!?!!?!? the winter is coming toooooooooooo fast!! :( nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....stupid canada.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:44 pm

i know what you are saying Melis. 3000 miles to the WET COAST of Canada. It is miserable in Vancouver right now. it is warm out, but drizzling rain yuk.. how i dream to have my lovely wife slapping some spf 4 on my back. An ice cold Corona by my side, and the sound of the surf pounding the shore while on a mid night stroll.

wow Smitty. 1800 members with the same pvitis addiction.

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:20 pm

:( it's been rainy here too...but super cold..i broke out my winter jacket this weeked...MY WINTER JACKET...IT'S NOT EVEN WINTER YET!!!!!! i'm trying to remain calm, only 6 more agonizing months til march :) and once i graduate, oh baby i'm going to be in pv 85% of the year lol....i feel like i should be calling london addiction services!!!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:49 pm

Truely addicted. Probably the source of my recent funk. Listened to the wife "Let's take the kid and try something on the caribbean side." This was in June. It was like trying to substitue Bud Light for a Dos XX, close but no cigar. Funny, I remember now that when we were ready to leave the Mayan Suncoast, I really didn't mind (Hum!). Right now I'm looking for my next PV fix. I hope that I can get one soon. NO MORE SUBSTITUTIONS only the real thing will do. 8-)

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:13 pm

Chuck (Oct 22, 2004 01:49 p.m.):
Truely addicted. Probably the source of my recent funk. Listened to the wife "Let's take the kid and try something on the caribbean side." This was in June. It was like trying to substitue Bud Light for a Dos XX, close but no cigar. Funny, I remember now that when we were ready to leave the Mayan Suncoast, I really didn't mind (Hum!). Right now I'm looking for my next PV fix. I hope that I can get one soon. NO MORE SUBSTITUTIONS only the real thing will do. 8-)

glad that you have come to your sences Chuck. Go Cards Go.

Mikey and Gabby

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:23 am

matt (Jul 22, 2004 02:11 a.m.):
Ok Mike, now I'm jealous! Since I met you and your wife last November, in PV, I think you have been back at least twice... and that's not even including your recent trip to Cuba!
Well Matt looks like I'm falling off of the wagon. It's been a long 3 1/2 months. Got my ticket and i'll be there on the 30th of October. You gonna be around again this time? CyC for sunsets!!

margarita man

rain, rain in vancouver

Post by margarita man » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:21 pm

Rain, rain, rain please go away, i must watch P.V.R. webcam 5 times a day.
I t really, really is not fair, all you fine people heading down there.
Spf 30, slap it all over your skin, 1 more cervesa, make your head spin.
But that's ok, be there soon enough, the next 3 months are going to be rough.
Watch the webcam, morning til night, turn it off when there is no more light.

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:06 pm

what a touching poem/song mm. lol so true of every person on this board i believe

margarita man

Post by margarita man » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:30 am

melis (Nov 01, 2004 06:06 p.m.):
what a touching poem/song mm. lol so true of every person on this board i believe

thx Melis. It came from the heart. lol.
Being from London, Ont. you must really be missing P.V. by now.

Mikey and Gabby

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:37 pm

matt (Sep 09, 2004 05:27 p.m.):
A while back, I decided to finally take action and break my PV addiction. So, I just stopped going, "cold turkey". For the past nine months I have fought hard every day to resist the urge to phone my travel agent. If it wasn't for all of you wonderful guys on the board, who form my PV addiction support group, I couldn't have made it this far. But, I now see that those whose strength I had depended on are themsevles breaking down and returning to their old habits of PV travel. I fear that my eventual fall from the bandwagon is evident, maybe as soon as this November :-)
Well Matt sorry to see you fell of the wagon. You did not wait till to far along into the month of November did you. It was great meeeting you again and finally getting to meet the special lady in your life. See you again soon I expect.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:09 pm

Thanks Mike,
It was good to see you again also. I guess I'll be down here for another month or so. Hope to see you again on your next trip!
Regards,
Matt

TRM103

Post by TRM103 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:13 am

My husband and I have been going to PV for 20 years...turned many friends and 3 children into addicts too! Isn't it funny how you just can't describe the "feeling" to those who have never been there!

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:45 pm

TRM103 (Nov 17, 2004 09:13 p.m.):
My husband and I have been going to PV for 20 years...turned many friends and 3 children into addicts too! Isn't it funny how you just can't describe the "feeling" to those who have never been there!
You are so correct. You can talk until you are blue in the face, you can show 200 pics, but it is impossible to accurately describe what p.v. is all about in words. That is also the way i feel about Jens cooking. It is impossible to describe it in words.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:07 pm

With all the many trips we have made to PV in the last couple of years we always get asked "Why go to the same town every time"?
I give them my opinion which goes on for like an half hour. Some are inteligent and make a trip to PV and are addicted, others just don't get it and never go. I'm pretty sure there can't be many out there that have experienced PV and have never wanted to return.
The premium Chuck

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:07 pm

Jens sister and husband just got back from a cruise in the Mediterranean. Her mom and dad just got back from 2 weeks in London ( not Ontario, Melis ) Paris, and then Egypt. In fact we just picked them up 10 hours ago. My siser and her family returned from Disneyland last week. They all ask us why don't you come and take these great trips with us. We did Disneyland last year and had a real great time. That was Connors vacation. But as for the other places that they went, and iam quite sure they were fantastic trips, we tell them that we love our P.V.R. Addicted? I guess so, but this is an addiction that i hope there is no cure for.

Chinooks

Post by Chinooks » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:22 am

Ha, ha... just read about Jen's cooking... impossible to describe in words... :)

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:43 am

Hey Chinook. I thought it was quite funny also. Evidently Jen didn't see the humour in it. She is now threatening to punish me the worst way possible. No, she is not withholding bed wrestling. She said she is going to make Xmas dinner this year. NNNOOO.

Chinooks

Post by Chinooks » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:07 am

I think Jen should be thrilled she has a man who loves to cook!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:19 pm

MM, same boat here, my wife Kay cannot cook to save her life. It truely is a major threat if she decides she is going to cook something. Yes you read it right, threat...NOT treat.
<:((()))~