help!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators: admin, Moderators

randi23
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

help!

Post by randi23 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:32 am

What is it like down in PV for younger crowd? I have never been there before and I am heading down there in 10 days with my friends. We are 17 and 18, will it be a problem for us to get into clubs? And do they enforce the drinking age? Thanks, advice is much appreciated.

lanhawk
PV Fan
PV Fan

re:Help

Post by lanhawk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:45 pm

I guess I will give you the good news first, there shouldn't be any problem getting into clubs or getting drinks for that matter. It has been said that if you are tall enough to reach the bar you can order a drink. With that said I would caution you to behave, you can get into trouble down there if you aren't careful and always remember you are in a foreign land, the police down there don't take too much crap. My best advice would be to buddy up with someone experienced the first couple of times you go out till you get the lay of the land sort of speak.

randi23
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by randi23 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:17 am

thanks!!!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:10 pm

Hi Randi,

I don't know where you are from but at 17 or 18, I am sure it is not somewhere where you have legally been able to drink in public.

I was on a bus one night in PV with a whole group of high school kids who were there for graduation. All of them were way over the top as far as alcohol goes, except for one guy. He was telling us that he was the "designated driver" for that night. Even though they were on public transportation they had decided that each night one person would not drink. That way they had one person who could keep it all together and assure that they did not get in any trouble. That was one of the most fun bus rides I have ever had in PV, the kids were really quite entertaining and having a great time. Not sure about how their heads felt the next morning :lol: . But at least they had a safe trip and did not get into any trouble. The last thing you want is to be sitting in a mexican jail trying to figure out how to get yourselves out.

Go and have a great time, just be smart about what you do and stay safe.

My only other advice to you is don't go out on the dark beaches at night. There are very few problems in PV but the beaches after dark is where you will most likely run into them.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:20 pm

Quote:
was on a bus one night in PV with a whole group of high school kids who were there for graduation. All of them were way over the top as far as alcohol goes, except for one guy. He was telling us that he was the "designated driver" for that night. Even though they were on public transportation they had decided that each night one person would not drink. That way they had one person who could keep it all together and assure that they did not get in any trouble.

Kat cute story... :)
Smart kids.. I bet more parents would like to hear that their children had taken the same steps to have fun but stay safe...