Mogens

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators: admin, Moderators

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Mogens

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:37 am

Thank you for a board on PV where you treat one fair...where bullying is not allowed and where threads that get out of hand are deleted and where member trashing bashing no matter what is not allowed...
and where there is not a section set up here for mean bully encouraging fighting ...
I respect you ... :)

I know many others feel the same way I do....

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:22 am

Mogens: You da man!! Chuck... 8)

mshuckleberrys
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mshuckleberrys » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:19 pm

I couldn't agree more!!!!!

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:53 pm

E)E :-)4

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

NOT MY IDEA OF THANKS

Post by katnsocal » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:28 pm

I have to agree Mogen's does run a fair board. BUT

I have one question??

Sylvia must you keep stirring the pot of the PV tourist information websites? When Mogerns was forced to delete a thread here you drug the same exact post over to Brenda's board, posted it and surprise Bruce was the first one to respond to it. I called you on it and you admitted to dragging the dirty laundry over there, Brenda was ulmitately forced to delete your post from her board too. Now you are dragging your dirty laundry from Brenda's board over here in the form of this post for Mogen's to have to deal with. AND THIS IS THE WAY YOU THANK HIM FOR RUNNING A FAIR BOARD by trying to bring it to light over here?

You know there are people here who read and post on both forums, and I see your post as a way to try get people here involved in something that took place elsewhere and has absolutely NOTHING to do with promoting tourism in PV.

Let it go Sylvia and move on.....Brenda gave you a weeks hiatus to take a breather so take advantage of it and let it go.

Somehow I do not see this as thanks to Mogens

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:53 pm

Ditto to what Kat said.

Sorry Syvlia but, I have to agree with her.

Mogens, IMO I think it is best to delete this thread before it gets out of hand. As I have a funny feeling it will.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK

Post by webmaster » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:15 pm

OK, will take the warnings into account, as I am not lurking (no time, would if I had :-)) on other boards (not much at least ;-)). I'll close the thread if it gets out of hand. Yes, we like a kind, harmonious forum and would like to avoid conflicts. Though from the looks of it, it may be unnecessary. Come on guys, why can't we be friends :-) ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34W48mtLyrE

Greetings

Mogens
Last edited by webmaster on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:18 pm

Just pm'd you :)

and thanks... :)

femme
PV Fan
PV Fan

????

Post by femme » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:16 pm

the two of you have a history that is not the business for the rest of the board to listen too. I think your private message box might work best.

tojol57

Personally

Post by tojol57 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:34 pm

I have been in a self detox system... i was finding that i was spending way too much time out here... i was averaging somewhere close to 10 posts per day, and sometimes more... my job suffered, my attitude suffered... there are times i like to still add my two cents worth here and there, maybe start a new thread etc...

but lately all i see is two people constantly posting, some of it useful to the board, and some of it is just plain and simple crap...

yes i do agree that mogen's runs a good board...

take care everybody....

Tom

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:36 am

Sylvia: Just a few comments to either tick you off OR make you feel better,

The fact that most of us lurk on other boards is well known, and bringing a fight from another site onto this one is just plain wrong. I have re-read the entire thread, and note that as early as the first page some had already commented that two of them were looking for a fight. After all, it’s been exactly a month since they had their last big one over some guy named White.

You made a seemingly innocuous post, on page 4, which brought a response from a pot stirrer questioning your right to post, and bringing up some issue from years back. Some people know exactly what buttons to push to goad someone into a response. It’s to bad you responded to their criticism’s but I guess it is not human nature to sit back and read what others write about us without some sort of response especially if what has been written is quite demeaning. Bringing it to this board may cause those innocents who just followed the thread as they used to rubberneck a gossipy phone line, to believe that you want to continue a fight you can't possibly win.

I for one post regularly on this and two other PV related forums. I enjoy the discussion and jokes on a different board, however without realizing it, I was drawn into the culture of the board when something was written about another individual and though I never met him, I made a string letter post that mocked this man. A friend that we have met in PV was shocked and offended that I would join in this, and e-mailed me saying that I actually had a lot in common with him, and if I knew this person instead of writing that crap, I would enjoy his company. I have no idea if the ‘target’ is or was aware of my post, but I deleted it out, and really wish I could turn back time on that one.

I think the same thing would apply to all those people that joined in the thread adding more scorn to the pot about you Sylvia. Even though most don’t know you, it is very easy to get out the ‘poison pen’, especially when we are anonymous. (more or less). I would suggest you let it die, and then go back to that board and make peace.