How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, but my husband and I are completely in love with Puerto Vallarta. We are going for the 3rd trip Oct 18 - 24 and are soooo excited. I have been reading posts for about 3 months and have finally signed up to send some of my own.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 am

Well welcome aboard Darla, its always nice to "meet" newcomers. Where will you be staying this trip?

Joyce

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:31 am

We are staying at the Dreams Resort. We aren't the type that stays put though. The food is really good, but we are really open to eating and sight seeing off the resort. I have many good tips from reading the posts you all have made. We will definitely be eating at Pipi's this trip. Sounds like the guacamole is to die for.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 am

Pipi's is noisy, the food is not the best in PV, nor the worst. But, it is not to be missed. It is fun and a place we have not missed going to at least once each trip since 1996.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 am

Now that it is getting cooler here in Manitoba I'm thinking about PV!!! Probably last week in February or first week in March with the girlfriends. Possibly the Holiday Inn..the staff was great there! Or wherever its cheapest! I don't really care as I'm never in the hotel anyway. Waiting to see if there are any good deals but we keep being told that there will not be as many seat sales this year.

Also think I'm going to Play del Carmen in early February with the husband. I get two holidays this year! Nice! Maybe I'll actually hook up with Ellen and the crew this year if I remember where I'm supposed to meet them!!!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:52 am

if you can swing flying from Minneapolis is cheaper than Winnipeg..if we go anywhere this winter we'll fly out of there again for sure.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:56 am

I know I was thinking that...Are there any direct flights? It seems like you kind of end up traveling all day for one of these cheaper flights and having at least one stop over. It is not that far to drive to Minneapolis. A lot of my friends fly out of Fargo.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:02 am

You usually have a stopover in Chicago, Denver, Dallas, etc but we didn't mind.. we saved $2300+ for 5 of us to go and I liked the break in between.

I priced out Minneapolis, Fargo, Grand Forks & Winnipeg..Minneapolis was cheaper by far. Fargo and Grand Forks I think have stopovers in Minneapolis anyway so..

We paid an extra $30 for the Park & Fly plus they paid the taxi to & from the airport (easily $30-40) and the car was under a carport the whole time. Never even got snow on it. :-)

Well worth it for me.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:10 am

We will see what happens this winter. I don't want to book anything too far ahead because I still think there will be deals to be had. I much preferred my stay in the condo last year instead of an all inclusive but it seems like you are just as well off to stay in the AL and then just eat out anyway.

We stayed in the Sea Towers at Holiday Inn and I couldn't tell you what their restaurants even looked like! I had a few drinks on the beach but we were out every night so it didn't matter. The staff was great but I think that is pretty much typical of anywhere in PV. I have not met very many rude people in PV other then tourists!!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:13 am

yeah, we waited until the last minute to book too..we booked Nov 17 and left Dec 3.. $650 a person for the week..it would have been cheaper yet but we needed 2 rooms. Hopefully we can find a good deal like that again..it would be just the two of us this year.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:26 am

Quote: Maybe I'll actually hook up with Ellen and the crew this year if I remember where I'm supposed to meet them!!!

Ellen

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:55 am

We are definitely going... If the better half really wants to impress me she could pay for a week for both of us this November as a birthday present for me, and in turn I just might surprise her with another week during the winter. Prices seem to be coming down...

Jimbo
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Jimbo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:11 am

Driving down starting October 25th from Alaska. Will arrive in Nuevo Vallarta to our condo the very end of November....Fly back to Alaska for 2 weeks in January...then fly back to our condo until April 9th.

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:01 pm

We're flying out of Minneapolis this year and have a direct flight with Northwest. I already booked our flights - $592 per person.

Tracy - do you remember which Park'n'Fly you used? We'll be looking for one of those too - along with a hotel near the airport.

Thanks!

Sherry

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi sherry we used park plaza last year in jan they hold your car for up to 3 weeks and you have to stay one night and when you return its an optional stay.It was only 130 dollars a night and they shuttle you to and from the airport it is a really nice hotel.But I just priced the hotel this year and there up to 164 dollars a night.Where did you find your flight and is that with hotel.I cant seem to find any deals out of minneapolis this year.Last year we paid 750 air and hotel direct and the cheapest I am finding this year is over a thousand for direct.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:29 pm

[quote="northmb"]We're flying out of Minneapolis this year and have a direct flight with Northwest. I already booked our flights - $592 per person.

Tracy - do you remember which Park'n'Fly you used? We'll be looking for one of those too - along with a hotel near the airport.

Thanks!

Sherry[/quote

It was a Travelodge fairly close to the airport - I think it only took us 5-10 minutes to get to the airport. Not real fancy but we were only there for a total of 8 hours combined.

DugChan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by DugChan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Will be landing in PV on Saturday.It's been 18 mos so I am due.Can't wait

johnboy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by johnboy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:34 pm

We are coming to Puerto Vallarta for one week starting 01/31/09 and staying at the Golden Crown Paradise. We've been to PV twice before, but this is our first time to the GCP. Counting the days. Winters will get awfully cold in central Canada in January!!

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks Michelle and Tracy!

I watched the fares on kayak and then booked direct with the airline on line. I could have saved another $100 or so but missed the boat! I kept hoping that the fare would continue to go down and didn't book fast enough. But we're still pretty happy with this fare. We also booked a condo separately from this. We needed a two bedroom this year as Des's sister is coming with us. Des also loves to cook so a condo makes sense for us.

Sherry

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Thanks sherry we are having a tough time finding any deals out of minneapolis this year for air and hotel.Last year we found one for 750pp but thats not happening this year.