How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2009

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:20 am

Its done we booked 2 weeks AI at costa club punta arena.We leave jan.16th until the 30th.Now the count down begins :D

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:27 am

northmb wrote:Thanks Michelle and Tracy!

I watched the fares on kayak and then booked direct with the airline on line. I could have saved another $100 or so but missed the boat! I kept hoping that the fare would continue to go down and didn't book fast enough. But we're still pretty happy with this fare. We also booked a condo separately from this. We needed a two bedroom this year as Des's sister is coming with us. Des also loves to cook so a condo makes sense for us.

Sherry

Sherry, when are you going to be there and are you staying at the same place as last year? Would be great if we could hook up again.

Joyce

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

going back

Post by roowie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:17 am

We will be back in Puerto Vallarta, our home away from home, on Nov 2nd! My wife and I are going to spend a week reconnecting,re-energizing, sun bathing, having fun, drinking, eating great food, and "making whoopee'..NOT in that order!!!!!
We LOVE PV and cannot wait to get off that airplane!

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi Joyce!

We arrive on Feb. 23rd until March 9th! This year we've rented a condo that's across the street from the Tropicana. Des's sister is coming with us so we've rented a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen. We haven't seen this condo but we've heard good things so I'm sure it will be fine. We'd love to see you guys again! When will you be there?

I can't believe how quickly summer has slipped away - now the big countdown to PV!!

Say Hi to Fred! We'll talk soon!

Sherry

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:39 am

Ellen I am still telling people my story about how I missed meeting you guys!! The next time we were supposed to meet our new friends convinced us to go on the Pirate ship instead. That was my one rip off (for me) in PV and I'm so sorry I didn't go to the meeting!! Oh well, I'll be back again this year!!! Traveling with the same friend from here, another girlfriend from here and the new friend we made in PV who happens to be a local girl as well. Funny how that works!! Not sure where we'll stay but thinking Canto del Sol. Would love to stay in a condo again but time will tell. I figure there are enough people on this forum we'll find a place to stay already as long as we get a flight!

Metra
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Metra » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:44 pm

I'm making my first pilgrimage to PV on Nov. 1 - 15, 2008. I haven't been outside of Canada, really, since I was about 6! Never been to Mexico or any place warm n' sunny, either!

I'm taking myself for my 21st birthday (Nov. 5) and doing the trip totally solo. It was the last place my father vacationed and he adored it and would love to see me making the trip there! I'd love to catch some of the Dia de los Muertos if at all possible, too. Beautiful looking celebration, and probably very cathartic!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:49 pm

The first time I went to Mexico i was 20. I went to a little place called Pie de la Questa outside of Acupulco. It was amazing!! I have been in love with Mexico ever since and Puerto Vallarta is my favorite. You will have an incredible time and travelling alone will not be a problem. It is so friendly. There are solo travellers everywhere in PV. My girlfriend, my sister and sister-in-law have all travelled solo for years and love it!!

Have a great time!!

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: trip to pv

Post by beachluvr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:19 pm

[quote="cherokeethunder"]My hubbie and I are going October 12 through October 23, 2008. This will be our first trip, we will be going with approximately 4 other couples. We are staying at Club Meza Del Mar. Any info would be greatly appreciated.......[/quote]

stayed next to club meza del mar last year - yes, it is an older location
and not a 5 star, but we visited with many meza guests last year; most
in the 50-80 yr. old range who were annual guests and love it.
hotel is rite on beach and has beachfront snackbar/bar with great service.
we arrived early last year and purchased cocktails and snacks from their
beachclub for a couple of hours while waiting for our room to ready.
very nice.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Fall visit

Post by ellen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:43 am

I just booked my Fall trip today - October 15 to December 3rd. I'll come back to Canada for most of December, then Dave and I will return together in time for New Years in Vallarta!

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by roowie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:27 pm

so envious of all of you that seem to get ALOT of vacation time off of work. Or maybe you are retired? Either way, I wish I could spend more than 1 week a year in Puerto Vallarta. It is in the budget $$$, just can't get more than 1 week a year off of work.
oh well, I can always live vicariously thru Tojol!!
Last edited by roowie on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 pm

I'm going Nov. 8-18 and then Jan. 7 - March 6. Today a flock of geese flew overhead - heading south and I called up to them..."wait for meeee, I'm coming too!!!
Joyce

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 am

travelbug_jp wrote:I'm going Nov. 8-18 and then Jan. 7 - March 6. Today a flock of geese flew overhead - heading south and I called up to them..."wait for meeee, I'm coming too!!!
Joyce
Cute :)

Image :lol: WAIT For JOYCE :)

Congrats to those that have PV trips booked....Brrr winter is on the way...
white stuff fell from the sky today :x and it was not geese doo doo

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by roowie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:33 am

"Congrats to those that have PV trips booked....Brrr winter is on the way...
white stuff fell from the sky today and it was not geese doo doo"
...yeah, wouldn't want to catch "THAT" on your tongue!

MartyC
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by MartyC » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Booked and waiting. We leave Feb 29 for a glorious 16 days in the area. Our first stop is for 8 hights in a really great bed and breakfast in Rincon de Guayabitos, then back to PV fro the rest of our stay at a condo in the Zona Romantica. We travel to Mexico every year, (fingers crossed) with my sister in law and her boyfriend.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi MartyC..Nice seeing you on this side of Mexico :)
Sounds like you will have a nice trip ....

cathyt
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cathyt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 pm

This will be our 6th trip to Puerto Vallarta and we are booked for the first week of February and staying at Costa Club. This will be our 2nd time at this hotel. Cant wait to get there..

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:09 am

Booked for January 15th 2009 at the GCP... So help me Tom... you better be right about this place. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re: How many have Puerto Vallarta Vacation plans for 2008..2

Post by Plus4 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:48 am

Plus4 wrote:Just curious :) How many have plans to go to Puerto Vallarta or other areas in Mexico 2008 and winter 2009 for a vacation ?..

When are you planning to go and where will you stay and for how long ?.. :)

What helps you make your final decision on the place you choose to stay at...
Price?... location? amenities etc ?

:)
Booked Viva Wyndham Azteca.. Playacar... Mayan Riviera ....Nov. 30th
One more trip to the Other side :P then next year will look at other Mexican vacation options including PV again :)

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:36 am

MartyC wrote:Booked and waiting. We leave Feb 29 for a glorious 16 days in the area. Our first stop is for 8 hights in a really great bed and breakfast in Rincon de Guayabitos, then back to PV fro the rest of our stay at a condo in the Zona Romantica. We travel to Mexico every year, (fingers crossed) with my sister in law and her boyfriend.
We have been wanting to get up to RG for some time now. Have you travelled there before? What is the "great B&B" that you mention? Do tell!! PM me if you want to keep it "secret"... ha ha

All the best,

Sandra

Winnipeg gal 1
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Winnipeg gal 1 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:22 pm

January 17-31,I'm ready right now :D