Tequila

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rrbink
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Tequila

Post by rrbink » Mon May 19, 2008 9:12 am

Any advice on Tequila tasting or tours 40 days to back at GCP

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon May 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Any advice on Tequila tasting
Eat first... Drink lots... have a nice nap afterwards!

I'm just jealous.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon May 19, 2008 3:08 pm

I was going to say, nutz to "tasting"...DRINKING is what it's about. Which gives birth to a question: Can anybody tell me the name of the tequila that is VERY cheap, comes in a plastic bottle the shape of a behive? Two years ago It was less than 20 pesos. Sort of harsh, but an adequate mixer. Thanks. Chuck... 8)

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Tequila

Post by Arizona Karen » Mon May 19, 2008 3:17 pm

rrbink wrote:Any advice on Tequila tasting or tours 40 days to back at GCP
We did the tequila tasting tour in El Pitillal and loved it. It's nearby and ours included a meal which was very good.

I'm not sure if it's the same one listed in the tours section of this site or not.

If you get to the one in El Pitillal, try the almond tequila and cherry tequila. MUY BUENO!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:52 pm

charlieb wrote:I was going to say, nutz to "tasting"...DRINKING is what it's about. Which gives birth to a question: Can anybody tell me the name of the tequila that is VERY cheap, comes in a plastic bottle the shape of a behive? Two years ago It was less than 20 pesos. Sort of harsh, but an adequate mixer. Thanks. Chuck... 8)

i will check tonight charlieb, as i have a bottle on the shelf... LOL won it in one of the contests at the resort...

as for the subject at hand, go to the Casa de Tequila try theirs, and then go inside for lunch at the Agave Grill....

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Arizona Karen wrote:
If you get to the one in El Pitillal, try the almond tequila and cherry tequila. MUY BUENO!
No offense intended....but those really aren't "tequila's"...they're liqueurs...and as such...shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as "tequila". jmho

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:31 pm

winterpegman wrote:
Arizona Karen wrote:
No offense intended....but those really aren't "tequila's"...they're liqueurs...and as such...shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as "tequila". jmho
is that like "Lime Vodka, Cherry Vodka, Raspberry Infused Vodka" etc... just like i enjoy Appleton estates 12 yr old rum ... this is RUM.. i don't know what people see in Capt Morgans... jmho tooooooooo

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed May 21, 2008 8:00 pm

You guys are totally correct. I think it has to do with the fact that it is, for the most part, young people and girls that like the flavored drinks. Their palates are just not developed enough to appreciate the subtlties and nuances of a good liquor. Remember the late 1960's and early 70's? People were all over flavored wine like Annie Greensprings peach this and berry that? Chuck... 8)

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed May 21, 2008 8:26 pm

"If you remember the 60's, you weren't really there". :lol:

rrbink
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Rum

Post by rrbink » Thu May 22, 2008 4:25 pm

On the subject of Rum if you can find some try 1 Berrel Rum from Belezze it is the best

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:59 pm

davilin wrote:"If you remember the 60's, you weren't really there". :lol:
when was this... i woke up sometime just before the 80's i think... from 68 - 78 is kind of hazy to me... LOL