Acapulco?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Acapulco?

Post by Arizona Karen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:19 pm

We love PV but might be interested in visiting Acapulco.

Would like to find out if anyone has visited both PV and Acapulco and preferred Acapulco over PV. We'd love some opinions.

Thanks.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 pm

I haven't been to Acapulco since 1984 so can't really help. But I do remember that the beach was lovely and the vendors and timeshare hawks much, much worse than Vallarta. Having said that, we have acquaintances from our hometown near Toronto who have been to Vallarta but much prefer Acapulco. Why not give it a try?

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 am

my wife and I went to acapulco two years ago.we enjoyed our visit. found some good restaurants, saw the high divers and spent some time on the beach. that being said, we much prefer puerto vallarta. acapulco is bigger,busier,more congested and feels like a big city. in puerto vallarta,especially the south side, it feels more like a mexican community,people seem frendlier and things are more laid back. I've been to acapulco twice and puerto vallarta twelve times.

pvr traveler
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Acapulco verses PVR

Post by pvr traveler » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:00 pm

We have been to Acapulco 6 times this coming March. We enjoy it there very much. We have stayed both in town and also on Revacadero Beach, 20 minutes by cab outside of Acapulco. Both places are nice. They have great restaurants with absolutely spectacular views. We have also been to Pto Vallarta will be 6 times this coming May. We love PVR as well. I definitely recommend you give Acapulco a try. We find them to be very different from each other and like both of them very much. That being said PVR has slowly become #1 out of the 2 of them.