More Web Cam ramblings

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
More Web Cam ramblings

Post by leighg » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:19 pm

I just had to comment how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE the webcam. I look at it every morning and just close my eyes and sip my coffee and remember sitting on the beach and it all comes back to me. Thank you so much for doing this for us.

Also, I think there should be a soundbite of Sittin on the Dock of the Bay that plays while we gaze upon the beauty of the Bay!! ;) LOL I may have to download it to play when I view it!!!

Leigh

Missing Vallarta!!!

Re:More Web Cam ramblings

Post by Missing Vallarta!!! » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:53 pm

The web cam is the only way that we can connect everyday to paradise on earth, if I could only have one hooked up to my friends house in Las Juntos by Chicos, now that would be the joint. I was reading your posts before you left for PV and then looked at your pictures and read what you wrote when you came back. Isn't it funny how before you go it's just another vacation and then when you return home you can't wait to get back to your real home in PV. Once you go there you're hooked, there's no other way to look at it, it's like a drug, it is a true addiction. If you go back (what am I saying if you go back, of course you're going back) what I mean is when you go back would you stay at the Camino, oh, sorry, DREAMS, in my heart it will always be the Camino. The very first time that I went to Vallarta the Camino is where I stayed, that's what started it all.My friend that lives there, worked at the Camino, that's how we met, 10 years ago we became friends and after 6 lost touch for a while but we are back to our old selves again, call eachother and talk for about 2 hours every week, that's how I get my first hand news on what's going on down there.

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:51 pm

Yes, I have been hit with the PV addiction too. I am SO glad that we chose to go there on our vacation. We had really struggled with where to go, it was SUCH a hard decision and everyone we know had a different opinion. I keep asking my husband when we can go again...I think he says the credit card bill from THIS trip has to be paid off first!! ;) ROFL Yes, we will go again someday. I would definately START my hotel search at Camino (DREAMS, see and I never stayed at it when it was Camino...we did book it while it was still that, but it is hard to remember anyway!) It would depend on how high the price gets with AI, but we really would like to see it again when the renovations are done. Because, as you know, the hotel was fabulous even THO it was a little dated. Imagine how incredible it can be completely renovated. I just pray they buy new beds! ROFL

Ohhhhh...the webcam. I love it dearly. We also keep rotating pictures from our trip on our desktop. I also think I drank too much water (or something!?) down there...I am on a perpetual siesta now that I"m home. Can't focus, do things at a much more relaxed pace...find myself saying "Relax, it's Mexico!" LOL My true home, indeed!

Leigh

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:53 pm

I have a question for you PV residents (or frequent enough travelers that you know things...LOL) On the shot of the Malecon from the webcam, there is a store door just to the left of the big palm tree. It's a big square door and has a big dark sign above it. I think that is the little grocery/souvenier store we bought a lot of our stuff at (including our 6 pack of pepsi light!) Just wondering if any one can tell me if it is? Then I can sit here and say I was right THERE!!!! (Wish I was now....)

Leigh

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:35 am

that's a really good plan lol im gonna do it too!

leccvg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by leccvg » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:41 pm

Ah,doesn't the beach, water and weather look lovely!

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:57 pm

It always looks gorgeous. I was just lamenting this morning, it's quickly getting colder here in Iowa, soon we'll have snow. This web cam will save me this winter I think.

Leigh

wendywhite
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by wendywhite » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:16 pm

I had to laugh when I was reading this thread. I'm sittiing on my terrace looking over the Bay at this moment and watched a cruise ship rolling by a few hours ago.

But remember one thing...at this time of year with the heat and humidity, the Webcam might be better. The ocean is not that deep blue it becomes in another two or three weeks...some days it's even colourless as it's white hot, Los Arcos is blocked by fog and I'm doing the countdown. Some days it's so overpowering...the heat and humidity, you have to get everything done well before noon and your evenings can be ruined by torrential rainfalls. My dog has taken to staying under the bed between 4 and 8 and will be relieved when this is over.

All that being said, I'm hooked on this city too...it is paradise in it's own way. Unfortunately even paradise isn't always perfect 100% of the time.

But it's breaking...can feel it in the air and all you PV addicts will be returning at the right time. Enjoy.

Wsq.

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:20 am

it's also slowly getting colder here in london. cold mornings but hot afternoons...oh god the inevitable is on its way :(

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:15 pm

the view from the webcam is sooo nice today...i want to cry :( march is just too far away.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:06 pm

another beautiful day in paradise. the webcam view is so bright and sunny i had to put my shades on. i was reading the other threads in this posting, and i think that " Missing Vallarta and LeighG " need some help with their p.v. addictions. you 2 want to go to the " Complaints and Warnings " site and go to the " Beware of the PVR Addiction " thread that is their. You will find many more of us pvitis addicts their. You are not alone. Trust me. The first step is admitting you have an addiction. i wish you luck and we are all here to help you through this time of need. Bryan

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:13 pm

margarita man (Oct 08, 2004 12:06 p.m.):
You will find many more of us pvitis addicts their. You are not alone. Trust me. The first step is admitting you have an addiction. i wish you luck and we are all here to help you through this time of need. Bryan
I refuse to admit I have a problem...................I asked my husband last night if Bush get's re-elected if he'll let me move to PV!? LOL I think he gave it a second's thought.

I have found early afternoon is when the best web cam pics are on, so clear and crisp. Heck tho, I even like the nighttime pictures, I imagine strolling the malecon and experiencing the whole night time atmosphere.

Addiction...what addiction?????
Leigh

missingVallarta

Post by missingVallarta » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:12 am

Hey Everyone!! Just got back from my cruise to the Bahamas and FL & I must say it was ok but a trip to PV would have been much, much better. Had to do the cruise backwards because of the hurricane and Univeral was way too much for that heat, a corona for 4.95 was insane when I could have gotten one for about 50 cents on the street in PV. Looking into airfares for Feb. or March and maybe a room at the Lindo Mar. Really didn't get any rest, no chance of sleeping by the pool or hanging out people watching. Can't wait to see my friends down there it's been a long 6 years :). Being on that ship made me really miss PV even more.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:20 pm

6 years? What were you thinking when you signed up for that cruise? It must have been a moment of madness!

missingVallarta

Post by missingVallarta » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:06 pm

Well, I had lost touch with my friends from there because of telephone # changes there and it took me some time to find them through other people (some from on here thank God) and so I had booked the cruise before that happened. I know, I know, I shouldn't have jumped the gun but it was ok. I'm sure alot has changed since I was there last but I'm sure my friends will catch me up with the latest happenings. I had a great time talking with some of the crew from Mexico so it kept me going, not too mention the web cam.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:12 pm

what a picture perfect view today from the webcam. i think i will go and put on my swim shorts and just remember what it was like a few short months ago when i was actually in that water. FEb. can't come soon enough.

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:10 pm

Hey, there's a groovy new view on the webcam today. Look at all those birds!!! LOL I wish I was there swimming today, instead of here raking leaves!!!! WAAAHHHH!!!!!

Did I mention I ran out of my almond flavored tequila last week from our trip????? Still have some of the orange left, but the almond was my favorite. (Obviously) Guess I'll have to get a bottle of Cuervo and some squirt....LOL

Funny how one trip to PV was more than enough to get me addicted. I think constantly about being there and wishing I could go back. Not sure when I'll get another chance. Hubby wants to hit the Carribean for scuba diving, he wasn't overly impressed with the diving there. Maybe seperate vacations next time.

Ok, there's a reason this board is called "general ramblings"....it's a symptom of the addiction.

Leigh

gis7366
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gis7366 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:07 pm

Ok, so after reading about all this web cam business, i went to take a look at what PVR looks like today....
well, as soon as i clicked on the webcam, a huge pelican was looking straight into the camera (no joke!) i almost pee'd myself laughing!

maybe it was trying to tell me something...................

Kate41

Post by Kate41 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:12 pm

I was getting my PV Webcam fix today and there was a Pelican right next to the camera...LOL He had no idea he was being seen all over the world...too funny! I kept refreshing to see if he tried to bite the camera or something..hehe
Can't wait to get there on Friday! WOOO HOOO! Can't think of a better place to spend my birthday on Saturday!
Kate

gis7366
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gis7366 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:26 pm

man, im so jealous your leaving on friday!
i have 4 months to go (february for me...)
have a couple pina coladas for me, and have a good birthday!!

hehe..im still refreshing my screen to see if the pelican looks into the camera again...so far all im getting is his head....
aaahaha! that was too funny!!