The ONE thing you like most of Puerto Vallarta?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:35 am

I believe if we post this question and people take the time to reply (just one thing you like most... yes, you'll need to make a decision :-)), people might get an idea of what's so compelling about Puerto Vallarta.

Let me see... what I like most... considering I live in Guadalajara, a big hectic city of 5 million, what I like most of Puerto Vallarta is the relaxed and happy atmosphere I encounter there in my visits. Obviously has to do with the fact that almost everyone there is on vacation and Vallartans are very kind and welcoming.

What about you?

Mogens
Last edited by webmaster on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

sunset

Post by stew » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:45 am

Sunset from The El Nido bar on top of Los Cuatro Vientos.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

The One Thing about Puerto Vallarta

Post by ronald » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:55 am

No matter how long each of us live, Puerto Vallarta is responsible for the Beautiful Memories of the happy vacations that I, my wife, our children, and our grandchildren will forever remember. I can only imagine the scrapbook pictures my grandchildren will be showing to their grandchildren 50 years from now.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:39 am

This is a tough one. But if I have to pick one thing I would have to say it is the people. They are so welcoming and kind and go out of their way to help you if you need it. I have made many Vallartan friends over the years.

Ok now I will add my other 2 things;
Sunday nights on the Malecon as it is great to see how close Vallartan families are.
How the city has kept most of it's Mexican Charm and not turn it into a big Americanized city.

I know but I just couldn't pick one thing but these are the top 3 that keep me coming back to PV.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:22 am

I'm going to second Palapa-Gal. It's the people!! They are so very kind, helpful and considerate. Yep, it's the people. Chuck... 8)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:18 pm

E)E I couldn't have said it better myself Lori and Darryl... I am going to add the everylasting friendships we have made over the years visiting Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta... the people from Canada, USA, England, etc... have just been wonderful... remembering birthdays, anniversaries, special occations, etc.. and then coming back to the place where you met, year after year... Puerto Vallarta... Thank you Puerto Vallarta for bringing this travelling friends into our lives...

love hugs and kisses from Iowa... and those of you from the states that celebrate... HAPPY THANKSGIVING...

Tom

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:34 pm

Hola..... I love the word Hola and the way it is so freely given .

and gobble stones streets and..... white washed buildings that hang on the mountains edge. The ones with beautiful flowers spilling over their balconies.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:18 pm

flyawayplus4 wrote:... and gobble stones streets and..... white washed buildings that hang on the mountains edge.
If you continue to gobble the stones on the street there won't be anymore cobblestone streets for the other visitors to enjoy. :lol:

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:20 pm

:lol:

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:20 pm

The feeling of being so relaxed that you loose all track of time. No other place that we have visited has ever come close to giving us that feeling.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

What is #1 About PV

Post by smitty » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:35 pm

I agree with all the previous posters . The main attraction for me and Laurie is the "walkability " of PV . You aren't limited to your resort . There is a vibrant and thriving city outside those hotel confines . Every year we find someplace new to discover and explore .

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:40 pm

People...both ex-pats AND locals.

Next is the beauty of the area (mountains, oceans, jungle etc.)

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:52 pm

when i first saw this subject my immediate thought was "the people" but i thought that may be kind of a lame answer so i figured i would think on it. however.....with all the pleasurable sights and trips we've done while there, it would not have been as pleasurable or memorable without the people. so there it is, the people make it all worthwhile....well the warm sun and tropical beauty aren't bad either. :D

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:30 pm

It is all so true, you read what every body has said about Vallarta... the views (mountains, ocean, jungle), the people (locals, ex-Pats, the staff at your favorite resort, or a beach vendor you see every year - My buddy Eddie down by the GCP), then those resorts that everybody loves to go back to each time each year after year... Vallarta is such a contagious city and atmosphere, there is nothing like her... so warm, loving, so caring... That is why we have been coming back for the last 12 + yrs...

Thank you again Vallarta... as well as Thank you Mogens for bringing us all together via the internet to share our thoughts, our ideas, and our love for travel..... you are the best....

Tom and Lorrie

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:17 pm

I have to say the Sunsets & as pesky as they sometimes are - the Vendors are wonderful also.

Take care.

Tracy
61 sleeps!

Cassandra
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Cassandra » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:58 pm

Everybody has hit the nail on the head! I'm kind of a keep to myself kind of gal and a little bit herd bound :oops: ......I could go days without leaving my home because it's where I feel safe and comfortable. So, that being said when I tell you my favorite part of Vallarta is how safe and relaxed I feel there whether it's walking the beach, letting my guard down at the resort, chatting it up with locals and vendors, shopping downtown...you understand the atmosphere! I love love love it there! I didn't feel safe and relaxed in Hawaii. I find it odd that I feel this safe in a country that I can't even speak the language! That's Vallarta.

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

gobble stones

Post by sandib » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:40 pm

oh Flyaway... PLEASE dont gobble up all the stones! I actually heard a news report that said that cobble stones are healthy because they reduce stress! Trying to get a prescription for PV from my doc! hahaha. But that being said, my favorite thing is the ATMOSPHERE. This includes the wonderfully friendly people, the safe feeling, the awesome sunsets and of course the margaritas (they just taste better in PV for some reason). From the moment I step off the plane in PV till I land back in LA, the real world is forgotten, it's just me and my husband... and all is right with the world!

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:57 pm

I think palapa girl hit the nail right on the head. the only thing I might add is the many excellent restaurants.
palapa_gal wrote:This is a tough one. But if I have to pick one thing I would have to say it is the people. They are so welcoming and kind and go out of their way to help you if you need it. I have made many Vallartan friends over the years.

Ok now I will add my other 2 things;
Sunday nights on the Malecon as it is great to see how close Vallartan families are.
How the city has kept most of it's Mexican Charm and not turn it into a big Americanized city.

I know but I just couldn't pick one thing but these are the top 3 that keep me coming back to PV.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:32 am

Can't answer this one since it is the ONE thing. I have tried several times to just pick one reply and I have to give up. |:-|

pvfan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pvfan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:08 am

I love the whole relax and enjoy yourself attitude. When we were there in February, I thought I would sleep in late, and then lay in the sun all day. Instead we were up every morning by 7, had breakfast, and then a leisurely stroll through town. We walked everywhere we went, and then went back to the resort for lunch and laying in the sun.

The sunsets over Banderas Bay come in a close second....