The ONE thing you like most of Puerto Vallarta?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:41 pm

I finally figured it out from the above post. What I like about PV is that is different than home, in a good way. :idea:

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by BellaLuna » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:37 am

OK, that does it for me.........I'm going and I'm never leaving!!! :-)4

JHD from Texas
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by JHD from Texas » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:22 am

I look forward to cocktails watching the sunsets over Banderas Bay prior to going to town for dinner.

Ooooohlala

Why I love Puerto Vallarta

Post by Ooooohlala » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:23 am

I am coming back to Puerto Vallarta otherwise known as Paradise next week and I can't wait. This will be my 24th time to PV since 1989. I have brought family and friends here and I think next year I may bring my granddaughters and start a new generation coming to enjoy the fun and sun in PV! Every trip is a different experience. The people are warm and friendly. The food is so good and 350 restaurants with dining from all over the world and fantastic nightlife. The smell and sounds of the ocean. The Malecon and all its hustle and bustle. The bus ride to Mismaloya and Boca. Parasailing. If you have never been here you have to come. Leave your cares at home and get on the plane. I promise you that you won't regret it.

aeazy

Post by aeazy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:50 pm

No worries for 8 crazy days!!!!! Being away from Minnesota!!!!!!!!

Re: The ONE thing you like most of Puerto Vallarta?

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:20 pm

mgallard wrote:I believe if we post this question and people take the time to reply (just one thing you like most... yes, you'll need to make a decision :-)), people might get an idea of what's so compelling about Puerto Vallarta.

Let me see... what I like most... considering I live in Guadalajara, a big hectic city of 5 million, what I like most of Puerto Vallarta is the relaxed and happy atmosphere I encounter there in my visits. Obviously has to do with the fact that almost everyone there is on vacation and Vallartans are very kind and welcoming.

What about you?

Mogens
visit to yelapa

beach_bum13
PV Fan
PV Fan

La gente

Post by beach_bum13 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:58 am

I have been to a few countries outside the US and by far would rate the people of PV as the best in my travels. After my first trip to PV, I told my parents how much I loved PV. My mom wanted to go but was afraid her lack of spanish would make the trip difficult. I was forced to go :roll: The first night we were in PV the restuarant we wanted to go to was closed...early October...another traveller gave us a suggestion. We were waiting for the bus to go back to Nuevo we had been waiting for a bit my mother was starting to get nervous and this local woman could sense my mom's anxiety. She asked us what bus we were waiting for told us when it should be coming and not to worry. On the other hand, my stomach is growling now and telling me it's the food that brings me back :shock: !

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:52 pm

1) The people
2) The climate
3) The feeling of "coming home" when we arrive at the PV airport

dell
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: The ONE thing you like most of Puerto Vallarta?

Post by dell » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Hello, my name is Dell. My wife and I are heading to PV in 2 wks. for a restful 2 wk. Vac.
We'll be staying in the Royal Decamerron, and wondered if anyone could verify a rumour that we've heard ?
We've heard from a few different sources that quite a few people in that area are getting stung by jelly fish and sting rays !
Does anyone know for sure if this is true, or not ?
We've also heard about sand fleas biting people on the beach ? Anyone know about this, too ?
We sure hope that both of these things are wrong.
Thx for your time.
Dell & Les.

mgallard wrote:I believe if we post this question and people take the time to reply (just one thing you like most... yes, you'll need to make a decision :-)), people might get an idea of what's so compelling about Puerto Vallarta.

Let me see... what I like most... considering I live in Guadalajara, a big hectic city of 5 million, what I like most of Puerto Vallarta is the relaxed and happy atmosphere I encounter there in my visits. Obviously has to do with the fact that almost everyone there is on vacation and Vallartans are very kind and welcoming.

What about you?

Mogens

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

what we loved most

Post by michelle/tyler » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:18 pm

just got back jan.24/o6. first time for my husband my first time back in 22 yrs. what a change. but i forgot how beautiful it is. I could not believe the love that is shown to there familys. fathers and sons arms around each other. mothers and daughters hugging its amazing the love they show each other. It made me miss my children even more and i will now consider taking them with us next year. as well we enjoyed the musicians along the malecon every night expecially arcano we bought all there cds.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:24 am

Michelle I am not sure this is the right place for my post but who cares... your words stood out to me.
On a day (Feb 14th)) that is to celebrate love we can start with the children we start with the family ........
I too love the physical display of love.

I could not believe the love that is shown to there familys. fathers and sons arms around each other. mothers and daughters hugging its amazing the love they show each other

............................................................................................................

Children Learn What They Live
If a child lives with criticism,
He learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility,
He learns to fight.

If a child lives with shame,
He learns to be shy.

If a child lives with tolerance,
He learns to be patient.

If a child lives with encouragement,
He learns confidence.

If a child lives with praise,
He learns to appreciate.

If a child lives with fairness,
He learns justice.

If a child lives with security,
He learns to have faith.

If a child lives with approval,
He learns to like himself.

If a child lives with acceptance and friendship,
He learns to find love in the world.

© Dorothy Law Nolte, 1954

joboblaw
PV Fan
PV Fan

favorite thing?

Post by joboblaw » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:29 pm

Really, there were so many that it's hard to pick one thing out. We went for Sun, Sea, Sand & Cerveza (should start with S) and were not disappointed by any of it. The bonuses were the wonderful, warm people, the gorgeous sunsets, the wonderful new friendships we made. Can't wait to go back!!

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

double your pleasure

Post by chi-mike » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:37 pm

what empressed me most on my first visit to pv was the beautiful sunsets and seeing everyone stop for just a brief moment as the sun disappeared.even employees of the restaurants and hotels along the playa de los muertos. my tip for the day is, lie on the beach and just as the sun disappears, stand up and you will see the sun set twice.

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Its not a thing but more of a feeling

Post by suebruce » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:05 pm

With PV... if you arrive with the right frame of mind... it is more of a feeling that takes over. Everyone seems so happy and easygoing and it can be very contagious.

We stayed at a resort where most of the guests were mexican and even though we didn't speak the languuage... many people still went out of their way to find some way to communicate with us and visit and include us in whatever was happening.

We left PV with this feeling of relaxation and truly no worries. Even the timeshare guys made us laugh. :lol:

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

just curious

Post by michelle/tyler » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:44 pm

which resot did you stay at suebruce.

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by suebruce » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:05 pm

Michelle,

We stayed at the Costa Club Punta Arena:lol:

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:52 pm

thanks it sounds like a really nice and fun place. Im just looking into where we will stay next year. we prob. will stay at el pescador again we really liked it.

germil
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by germil » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:12 pm

PEACE and PEOPLE
Thanks
Germil

germil
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by germil » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:23 pm

Sorry, Just thought of a bunch of other stuff.
This will be my second trip, but my wife has been going for several years.
WE have devolped a relationship with a beach vendor ( we stay at Villa del Palmar ) who has invited us to his home for dinner and met his wife and children. Thier values in life are something we could all learn from.
Each year we bring them trinkets from Canada, and they are most appreciated.
Sorry to ramble.
germil

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Puerto Vallarta

Post by coorslightman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:18 am

What I Love about PV : 8V8
1) The Fishing
2) The People
3) The Romantic Atmosphere
4) The Weather
5) The never ending list of fun things to do!
6) The Tequila!!
7) The Cervezas!!
8) The feeling of I can do nothing if I want too!
9) The Great Food!!
10) The List is just too long!!!!!!!!