I'm celebrating!!!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators: admin, Moderators

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

I'm celebrating!!!

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:16 pm

Hola amigos y amigas :D <:-)-

Guess what???????????
C'mon, guess why I can't get this stupid grin off my face.
Okay,okay I will tell you. It's because my new best friend in the whole wide world Ellen, put me in contact with her condo neighbour and guess who's renting his condo for 6 weeks next winter? Yep, that's right ... ME !!!!! I get to go from mid Jan. to beginning of March. I am so gosh darn excited and I still can't believe it even when I say it out loud. I wanted to post last night already but then Fred's buddy came to watch the Bombers beat the Ti-Cats and the buddy brought his wife along so I had to make nice all evening when really I wanted to share, share, share!

Yessirrreeeeeee
I'm full of glee
He-he-he, he-he-he he!

Joyce

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:21 pm

That's nice. I've been throwing around the idea of going down there for a month next year. :lol:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:44 pm

I am very happy for you Joyce.
Jealous but happy! :)
We will be watching the board for
your reports .
When I saw the thread heading my first thought was ...baby!! :)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:08 pm

Wooo hoooo! I am really looking forward to having you as a neighbour and showing you around to places that maybe you haven't seen before. And there are tons of places we haven't seen, despite coming here since '85 that we can explore together. I'm so happy it worked out for you!

Ellen
Last edited by ellen on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: I'm celebrating!!!

Post by ellen » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:10 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:Hola amigos y amigas :D <:-)-

Guess what???????????
C'mon, guess why I can't get this stupid grin off my face.
Okay,okay I will tell you. It's because my new best friend in the whole wide world Ellen, put me in contact with her condo neighbour and guess who's renting his condo for 6 weeks next winter? Yep, that's right ... ME !!!!! I get to go from mid Jan. to beginning of March. I am so gosh darn excited and I still can't believe it even when I say it out loud. I wanted to post last night already but then Fred's buddy came to watch the Bombers beat the Ti-Cats and the buddy brought his wife along so I had to make nice all evening when really I wanted to share, share, share!

Yessirrreeeeeee
I'm full of glee
He-he-he, he-he-he he!

Joyce
And one more thing, Joyce. Remember, you're not full of glee - you're full of Alegria!

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:58 pm

does that condo have a second bedroom??!! lol....what a great thing to have to look forward too.

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:45 pm

Wow - that's great news Joyce!! Good for you! Maybe we can meet over a margarita or two when Des and I are down at the end of Feb!!

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:32 am

Northmb, Fred will be there by the end of Feb too, so we could all go together!
Sylvia, Fred feels the same way, happy but very jealous but he says he gives his blessing so I'll have to believe him! I'm very fortunate, I know.
As for the baby- I sure hope you didn't mean me!!! Been there done that - 3 times, and that's it for me!!! You probably meant the newlyweds though right?
Delectdee, you will have to stand in line for that 2nd bedroom, everybody wants it!
Ann, I hope it works out for you as well.
Elenita - I can hardly stand it already, I know it will be an amazing time and you have been so kind and helpful already. I know that everything you show me will be an experience to remember for the rest of my life. I know it already. And you made me smile with the "full of Alegria!"

Joyce

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:45 am

Sylvia, Fred feels the same way, happy but very jealous but he says he gives his blessing so I'll have to believe him! I'm very fortunate, I know.
As for the baby- I sure hope you didn't mean me!!! Been there done that - 3 times, and that's it for me!!! You probably meant the newlyweds though right?

As for the baby..yes I meant the newlyweds..
This board will rock the day that happens..
Fred has said he has given you his blessing...then believe him and enjoy your vacation..

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Yay !

Post by smitty » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Congrats Joyce ! :) I can imagine your calendar is going to be covered with big red x's right up to mid Jan . Ellen I think you better strap on your safety belt when you and Joyce go out . :) Good friends = good neighbours . :)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Yay !

Post by ellen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:10 am

smitty wrote:Congrats Joyce ! :) I can imagine your calendar is going to be covered with big red x's right up to mid Jan . Ellen I think you better strap on your safety belt when you and Joyce go out . :) Good friends = good neighbours . :)
I just won't get in a car that she's driving. How's that? With the hills around our condo, I don't think she'll be walking too fast for me. Joyce, did I neglect to mention the "hill"?

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:07 am

Hey Smitty, I will only start marking the X's once I know for sure the flight date, the new schedules aren't out yet so I need to be patient just a little bit longer! Ellen you don't have to worry - I have no intention of driving, and yes you briefly mentioned a slight incline but I hope I'll be ready for it. Are you close to El Nido bar/Chez Elena restaurant? If you are then I know exactly where to go. I still can't believe its true and I started to make a list already [sun]

Joyce

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:53 am

travelbug_jp wrote:Hey Smitty, I will only start marking the X's once I know for sure the flight date, the new schedules aren't out yet so I need to be patient just a little bit longer! Ellen you don't have to worry - I have no intention of driving, and yes you briefly mentioned a slight incline but I hope I'll be ready for it. Are you close to El Nido bar/Chez Elena restaurant? If you are then I know exactly where to go. I still can't believe its true and I started to make a list already [sun]

Joyce
Well, we're sort of in the neighbourhood of El Nido but 2 blocks further up the "hill" and a little north.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:23 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:38 pm

mexibeach wrote:OH!! :shock: How exciting!!!!! Of course I am sending some jealousy vibes your way. Shall we start the bidding on your second bedroom???? I'll begin that bidding with 2000$ pesos!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG :shock: OMG well lorrie and i are very excited for you, so that means we will have some great times down there Joyce... i am using mexibeachs comments as cover, so when i send out my jealousy vibes, they can join hers and become even more powerful... :roll: :wink: CONGRATS babe... that is great news... i guess Lorrie and I will be spending a little time down your direction so that we can see ellen's place as well as yours... now i can see a couple little cocktail parties at your places..... and i bid $2500 pesos for that second bedroom, and now Ozzy has two places to clean and keep busy for us all... :lol: :lol: 8)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:06 pm

DELETED

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:35 pm

I'm so happy, happy, happy!!! Or full of Alegria! I feel the jealousy vibes everywhere, here, at work, at home. I also feel happy for me vibes. But I'm the happiest for me than anyone else. Keep the bidding going, curious to see how high it will get :lol:
Tom and Lorrie, I will have cocktails waiting for you upon your arrival.
We had the meetup at El Nido last Feb. okay, those steps are not so bad, but then I only did it 2 or 3 times ... next year I get to do it everyday for 6 weeks!!! Yahoooo I'm looking forward to huffing and puffing my way up and down. And I really mean that 8V8

Joyce

belardi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by belardi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:26 pm

Have to add my congrats as well as (a few) jealousy vibes along w/ everyone else! How wonderful to have that much time there!! Longest I've there (or anywhere) was for 3 weeks, and that was just cause I was transitioning from Colo to Seattle: didn't have a job yet, so might as well go on vaca. That makes sense, right??

Are you going to do any side trips? I went to Barra de Navidad on that trip and loved it as well!

And my bid: $2505.00; tip for Ozzie - we'll have to negotiate that one. :wink:

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:57 pm

Joyce: I am so jealous!! I wonder if Mr. Crown will let me come early and join you and Ellen? We better hurry up and win the lottery or we will be stuck in Iowa. The plan right now is for us to be in PVR Feb. 10 - 24, 2007!!! Right now it is soooo hot in Iowa!! The temps are like 100+ and with the heat index it is like 115 degrees and 70% humidity. I think our low last night was 82. Yikes!!! However, I will take this over the cold and snow anytime!!! Take care and can't wait to meet you in Feb.!! :D

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:56 pm

Hey, great to hear from you lojo! We are having a heat wave here too, and I think yours is heading our way over the next few days. It's not as hot here though, its been around 31C and doesnt really cool off that much at night either. At 8 this morning it was already 33 C and UV index of 7 and we were scorching all day.
Looking forward to meeting you to Lorrie, I think Tom said you prefer a sparkling wine? Me too. I'll stock up once Ellen shows me the best place to buy booze etc. I'll make sure its well chilled!

Joyce