On the beach like "Office" in Cabo

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

ritavic
PV Fan
PV Fan

On the beach like "Office" in Cabo

Post by ritavic » Tue May 01, 2007 7:12 pm

I cannot find the post that I believe already addresses this. But, I'm looking for beach restaurants open for dinner (later in the evening) that have tables on the sand, ocean side... Similar to the Office restaurant in Cabo if anyone knows about that.
Thanks.

femme
PV Fan
PV Fan

on the beach

Post by femme » Tue May 01, 2007 11:32 pm

la palapa has chairs on the beach.
in another post you made, you said you didnt want american food.

perhaps someone else can help you with a few other choices

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Wed May 02, 2007 2:51 am

Playa Los Muertos has many choices for food and beverage, not to mention great people watching.

Some of the restaurant/bar choices are: Epoca, Burros Bar, Pau Pau (formally Oasis), Langostinos, Cuates y Cuetes, Lazy Lizard, El Dorado, La Palapa, Fidencios, Blue Chairs, Ritmos Beach Club aka Green Chairs.

From what I have read about The Office, Burros might be the most similar, but it is hard to have a bad time at any of these.

ritavic
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ritavic » Wed May 02, 2007 1:50 pm

Thank you for your help. Yeah, I would rather avoid American Food. The Office wasn't American (as the name sounds). The atmosphere is what I'm looking for. Actually eating ON the beach, moonlight, water... And, we took the whole family so it's not a romantic thing I really need. Thanks for the suggestions!

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Wed May 02, 2007 5:07 pm

We liked the seafood at La Palapa.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun May 06, 2007 9:30 pm

La Palapa gets my vote also. terrific seafood. But you really can't go wrong anywhere along the beach.

Dave Hammergren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

The Office

Post by Dave Hammergren » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:20 am

Big difference between La Palapa and Burro's. Burro's will run you about 1/4 the price and is a lot more laid back.

baggo
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by baggo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:28 am

Been to the "Office" at Cabo and you will enjoy most of the beach spots in PV. Unless you have deep pockets, avoid La Palapa, high prices there and the food is not that great. Try the Burro Bar, CYC or any of the other places close by, you can't go wrong. Stop by one of the beach vendors and get 'shrimp on a stick', I didn't try it for several years but finally did it last year and it is to die for. Can't wait to get back and get some more .

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:11 pm

Newest choice is Madison South where the Lazy Lizard was but it is pub food. North of La Palapa and much cheaper.

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Beach Restaurants

Post by marcos » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 pm

You can eat on the beach at CyC's. They'll set up a table and you can eat with your feet in the sand and, at high tide, maybe even your toes in the water!

The food at CyC's is very simple ... grilled fish filets, quesadillas, hamburgers ... but pretty decent and reasonably priced.

I don't know how late the kitchen stays open, though.