U.S. College Football Game Watching?

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
Arm that Yard

Post by Jennybean » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:39 pm

Yeah, maybe if the yardarm is pointing due East. :lol:

I have a sinking feeling sunset arrives before 7pm - I remember happy hours starting about 6:15 and the tail end of the sunset happening around 7...or was I drunk? LOL

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:48 pm

Sunset on the 20th is 7:33, when the time changes on the 28th it will be at 6:33. That change drives me crazy every year, I hate being late for hora feliz :)

When I get my first drink at Burro around 7:00, I'll just close my eyes and pretend it is dark. Besides you know that will be my first drink of the day, NOT!

And apologies to the OP, at least we gave you some ideas of where to see your game before we high jacked your post.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Just wondering is there a set list of places and times for the hook up meetings in case PVnet members wish to join in?
Thanks.. :)

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:17 pm

It should be obvious that the people talking about meeting are members of pvnet, otherwise they would not be posting here. Anyone that reads the posts and decides to be wherever is mentioned on a post will be welcome. All they need do is introduce themselves. There is no secret sign or handshake. We all met somewhere for the first time, at some time in the past.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Odd...

Post by Jennybean » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:39 pm

Considering the rash of hate and harassment mail some of us have received from some members of PVNet, I'm surprised at that question, period.

We've never made a secret of where or when we meet. It's never been an exclusive club (contrary to what some believe or perpetuate), nor has happy hour sunset ever been an invite-only event.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 pm

I just asked if there was a set list and times for the hook up meetings in case pvnet members wish to join in...
Nothing more...

There are going to be lots of members in PV during the times mentioned.....

Nothing more...

Thanks

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Itineraries

Post by Jennybean » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:14 pm

Most of us avoid itineraries and spreadsheet schedules like the plague as well. When sunset comes we head to the beachfront bars and restaurants; that's where we can be found. If people are going to be in town and want to join us, that's where they are more than welcome to look.

Nothing more.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:45 pm

I just talked with Howard, and told him I thought a secret handshake was a good idea :)

Even if you don't know it, you can still stop by and buy us a drink. 8)

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

The Secret Handshake

Post by Plus4 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:54 pm

Something like this .... I would think.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZPkrwKqxQ

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:53 pm

Ted,
Remember some of us have those infamous ID bracelets! LOL

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:14 pm

I have seen them. The work of a Madman.

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Hi, my name is Deb and I'm an itinerary and spreadsheet schedule addict. I admit it. But guess who everyone comes to when they can't remember when and where something was planned or what day is available to do such and such. Uh huh.

Thank you Ted for reminding me when Daylight Savings Time ends. Since the US/Canada highjacked the old dates and extended it out further, I didn't have the "Mexico date". But I have now noted it on my "official PV itinerary and spreadsheet schedule". LOL And timely it was, as I have an event to be at that Sunday morning. I certainly don't want to show up an hour early.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:17 pm

Hey Deb,
Maybe you should just bring copies of your spreadsheet down with you. LOL. Make sure you pack your bracelet, looks like we are gonna need it again this year! :lol:

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

One Better

Post by Jennybean » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi, my name is Deb and I'm an itinerary and spreadsheet schedule addict. I admit it. But guess who everyone comes to when they can't remember when and where something was planned or what day is available to do such and such. Uh huh.
And where do you think those fine folk find pvdeb to consult her knowledgeable and all-knowing calendar? Why, she's usually parked beside me, the admitted itinerary avoider, in a beach chair at Fidencios learning how to relax more. :lol: :lol:

So there is merit to both, but as far as sunset happy hour goes we've rarely if ever strayed from a 500 yard radius along Playa Los Muertos, and we are beyond easy to locate.

Even easier this year - look for the bracelets. :twisted:

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 pm

True Jen, you have done much to help me work on my addiction. But the seriousness of it is that while I am slugged next to you on the beach, my official itinerary and spreadsheet schedule is never far from my reach. Ok, well I have to reach past the margaritas, bloody ceasars and nachos to get to it. So you're making progress.

Also true, our bunch is usually somewhere between Cuates Y Cuetes and Burros Bar for sunset.

rowtyd
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by rowtyd » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:31 am

TNbear wrote:I too will be arriving in PV Oct. 20th. I will also be looking to watch that game, I'll be the one wearing orange. GO VOLS!!!!!
Have you found a location to watch the game? TIDE IS GONNA ROLL!

proud member of SABANATION 8)