Cuates & Cuetes

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Cuates & Cuetes

Post by roowie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:02 am

I have heard this place referenced many times, as a good place to hang out for a day at Los Muertos. I have tried getting more details about it by online searcges, but haven't found much.
Looking for feedback/opinions from people that have been there. Menu, best drinks, service, cleanliness,etc. Is it a better choice for a day at a beach bar than say, Langostino's?
Any help/input would be appreciated. We will be in town 11/2-11/10.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:26 pm

-www.cuatesycuetes.com

Not bad prices, right on the pier at the Los Muertos Pier, always found them to be nice & friendly & clean. I've never been to Langostinos' so I can't say which one is better. I've always enjoyed CyC's

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

thanks

Post by roowie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:21 pm

thanks for the first hand feedback.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 pm

They have a good crew working at C&C's. Langostino's has nice restaurants, which is a plus on the beach. C&C's and Langostino's are right beside each other.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 pm

Personally I've been to the C&C and did not find it like a place I'd care to eat at, a bucket of beers is fine, though. Unless they've changed recently and made it more attractive, but I am a picky eater too, no taco stands for me after my first year in Mexico :-)

Greetings

Mogens

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:49 pm

We have eaten there many times and have never had a problem. :)

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by roowie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:33 am

website has no menu...can't find anything online. What have you eaten there, and what is typically offered if you can recall?

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:37 am

They have quesadilla's, fish/seafood, chesseburgers, sandwiches, fries, etc... mexican as well as american/canadian food.

MartyC
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by MartyC » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:10 pm

We too have eaten and drank at both of these bars. They are OK for food and great for a day of drinking anf lounging on the beach. Our personal preference is to find a nice restaurant off the beach for a nice dinner in the evening. But if you are looking for a taco, burrito or a burger for lunch, most beach bars are about the same.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Which is why I never eat at those places, there is no food to talk about :-) You are right Marty, they are places to drink at, no more.

Mogens

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

thanks

Post by roowie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm

I appreciate the info. So, me and the Mrs will leave the GCP for a day at Los Muertos. Enjoy the beach, sun, and some snacks and cold beers.
I would love to wrap up the day with a decent dinner somewhere in that area, but knowing my wife,after the beach, she is going to want to "freshen up" before going to dinner. Plus, we would have to lug our belongings (towels,beach bag) into a restaurant if we don't head back to the resort. I just hate going all the way back to hotel zone, then back again to eat dinner. Oh well, could have bigger problems!

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:10 pm

There are a lot of nice places to eat at on the beach. La Palapa, Daquiri Dicks, Coco Tropicol, El Dorado. There are a couple of new places near the park as well. Langostino's is a nicer place to eat at than C&C's. I have eaten dinner at both and the food is fine there also. I think that Langostino's used to serve better food than now. Like I said, they have the better restooms of the two.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 pm

CyC has raised their prices alot since I started going there, especially in the past two years. Burros Bar has the best prices and great strawberry margueritas.

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Hi kat

Post by roowie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:32 pm

How is your stay going thus far? you have been down there a couple weeks now, if I remember correctly?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:48 am

My trip is going great thanks. The weather has finally started to cool off a little the past couple of days...the past two weeks were pretty HOT!!!!

Business is good and the fishing is getting better by the day.

Hope you have a great trip!

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:17 pm

I agree with KAT ,Burros is the place to go,I enjoy watching the sun set there ,good dinks-Mogens there is nothing wrong with a good taco stand after a few tasty beverages,especially if it is next door to your hotel room :lol: I also think cyc is overpriced for the quality of food you get ,and there happy hour is to much dinero for a poor guy like me,cafe roma is great also-SR.fox is a good guy-be sure to check it out-and cheecky monkey on the malecon is fun ,cheap -great view -super nice staff

MartyC
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by MartyC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:30 am

We spent a lot of time at Burros last year. Great happy hour but as I said before, the food is only so so. OK for lunch but you can do a lot better for dinner.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Best beach hangout

Post by kcowan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:01 pm

The Beach Club just south of El Dorado has great chaise lounges and super food. I have eaten on the beach at CyCs during the jazz festival. Cheap food served cheaply.

My favourite taco stand is on Nuranjo just across from El Brujo. Their calamari is special.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:50 pm

JROJEFF wrote:Mogens there is nothing wrong with a good taco stand after a few tasty beverages
Maybe, specially from the E. coli and diverse parasite's point of view ;-) I'm through with the Russian roulette lifestyle :-)

Mogens

edlin68
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by edlin68 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:58 am

Some of my funnest memories are hanging at CYC for happy hour! great place for a bucket of beers and sunset with friends! I think my mom, aunt and brother are there right now having drink...whaaaaaaa...i am so jealous!