Le Cliff

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

donnyrich
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Le Cliff

Post by donnyrich » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:04 am

Looking for quality & price info for this restraunt. Also, saw a post that the ride down the hill will scare the tan right off of your face! Any truth to this as she said that it is a spectacular view and atmosphere. Is it far from the Vela Vallarta?
thanks
dr

Agony Aunt Bil

Re:Le Cliff

Post by Agony Aunt Bil » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:17 am

Ride down the hill? The only thing to be scared of in PV is timeshare sharks and bus drivers!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!

Margaritaville

Post by Margaritaville » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:19 pm

We went to LeCliff this year in P.V. The setting is really something. Worth seeing. The food, on the other hand, was not great and way over priced. Nearly double what we paid for similar food in town. Also, its a ways out there. We also ate at the 'Set of the Night of the Iguana'. A beautiful place, at Mismaloya. Food was very good and reasonable.

donnyrich
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by donnyrich » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:28 am

Thanks for the responses. Is the place at Mismaloya called John Houston's?

Margaritaville

Post by Margaritaville » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:30 pm

No, its called The Set Of the Night of the Iguana. Its the old movie set made into a restauraunt.

sueiniowa

Post by sueiniowa » Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:04 am

Not to be confused with El Set.

First time I went to PV, the Night of the Iguana set was ruins that one could walk through. And Oddly enough, there were a lot of iguanas.

gramabronco

Post by gramabronco » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:14 am

We've eaten there 2 different years and thought it was outstanding. Had the seafood dinner for 2 and had a habbaci(spelling) set right on our table with hot coals to keep the food steaming hot throughout the meal. Was a great meal both times.
ALSO, experienced the ride down the hill. My brother compared it to a carnival ride at the State Fair. Guess it depends on your bus driver, ours was having fun scaring the tan off everyone as the previous post said. Part of the experience, hold on and PRAY.

donnyrich
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by donnyrich » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:13 am

If you don't mind me asking, how much ($) for the Seafood for 2 and was it a combo plate of seafood (shrimp, fish, etc.)? Arriving 3/25 from rainy Washington State!
thanks

dr

gramabronco

Post by gramabronco » Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:58 am

Seafood for 2 platter was lobster, shrimp, mahi mahi and some other stuff. Just great.We also had a lobster bisque soup that was really good. It cost about $50 for the 2 of us.
That doesn't include the soup or any drinks. But the view was wonderful, the atmosphere was worth paying for, the 2 times we were there, they had a Bolivian trio playing beautiful music. These guys were really talented, played on homemade flutes and etc. They added to the atmosphere. Co-worker just returned from PV and they went to LeCliff for their anniversary dinner, she said it was outstanding. Great service there, I'd say it was one of the better places we have visited in PV for a special night out. Gets you away from the crowds and all the noise of the bar type restaurants for something different and quiet.
Enjoy.

chilli

Post by chilli » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:37 pm

do they have a web site el cliff

rhonda

Re:Le Kliff

Post by rhonda » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:55 pm

I'm pretty sure the name is spelled with a 'K'? Just in case you have to look it up in the phone book or something. I couldn't find a website. Anyone else?

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:05 pm

www.lekliff.com
Do they still have timeshare sharks greeting you at the door?

scuba joe

Post by scuba joe » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:41 am

I have been there 5 times and have never seen any time share sharks there.
But there are plenty in town.

BRIMOI

Re:Le kliff

Post by BRIMOI » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:21 am

I HAVE BEEN TO LEKLIFF MANY TIMES, THE VIEW IS PRICLESS, THE FOOD AMAZING AND
THE STAFF SUPURB. IT IS A LITTLE ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE AND 150 TO GET OUT THERE
THAT PESOES...... BUT IN MY MIND WORTH THE TRIP.. I LIKED IT SO MUCH I GOT MARRIED THERE RIGHT ON THE POINT AT SUNSET...JUST AMAZING ...

BRIAN

TAG

Post by TAG » Fri May 23, 2003 5:01 pm

I've been to LeCliff once...it is gorgeous at sunset...the food is ok, I wouldn't say it was outstanding, and prices are not cheap, more moderately high...but, I am glad I went for the view, the atmosphere, and it was a romantic spot...if you do go...have the "Sexy Coffee". It is a show in itself...flaming liquers flying everywhere! It is up a "long and winding road" right next to the cliff edge...what makes it scary depends on how the cab driver drives...when we went, we were staying at Paradise Village, which is on the other side of the world from Le Cliff...we asked the manager to tell the cab driver to take it slower, and he really did a relatively good job at it, at least until he got into town...