good lobster in pv

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

bananaboat

good lobster in pv

Post by bananaboat » Mon May 26, 2003 12:45 am

Does anyone know where can I find the best lobster in PV, I mean good quality and price?

fred from ottawa/canada

Re:good lobster in pv

Post by fred from ottawa/canada » Mon May 26, 2003 12:45 pm

NO LOL. go to nova scotia/canada or cuba for good & cheap lobster !!!!

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Mon May 26, 2003 5:49 pm

PV is not known for its lobster. It is a different kind than the large Maine lobster that we usually see in the US IMHO. They're smaller, with not as much meat. The only lobster I've ever had was at El Dorado beach restaurant on El Anclote, at the tip of Punta Mita. It was good, but not as good as that I'd get at home. And it was on a platter with fish fillets and shrimp and with all the sides, I think it was about 180 pesos.

susana

Re:lobster in pv

Post by susana » Mon May 26, 2003 6:17 pm

Skip the lobster. It is not a specialty in PV. Some restaurants serve a nice tierre y mar (surf & turf) but the lobster is a small spiny type, probably not what you are expecting.

Both shrimp and lobster and very expensive compared to all other menu items (i.e., catch of the day = fresh fish, steak, chicken, etc.).

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:51 am

Have never found lobster in Vallarta to be more than mediocre, even at better restaurants. The only exception I have found are the lobster tacos at Daiquiri Dick's, it is one of their specialties and are delicious. Did not have them last time we ate there, and left wishing I had (not that dinner was bad, it was very good, just wish I'd had 'em), definitely will next time.