Eating on the south side

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

KAREBARE
Eating on the south side

Post by KAREBARE » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:28 pm

In a few weeks we will be in PV for the first time and we are staying at a resort on the south side. Some ideas on where to find a good meal at a reasonable price in the south side area would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

susana

Re:Eating on the south side

Post by susana » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:40 pm

Basilo Badillo (recently dubbed "restaurant row" by some) is a good place to start. It's a main street with about 4 blocks of all kinds of restaurants to choose from. Menus are posted so just take a stroll and see what suits you.

You will have no problem finding wonderful places. I guarantee you won't be able to try them all in only one trip!

I also enjoy all the palapa bars/restaurants that serve right down on the beach at Playa Los Muertos. Again, just take a walk along and see which ones look good to you.

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:49 am

Breakfast: La Casa de los Hotcakes aka/Memo's at B. Badillo 289, El Tucán (Fredy's) next to Posada Roger on B. Badillo, Buenos Diaz at B. Badillo 229
Lunch and/or Dinner: La Piazetta at R. Gomez 143 & Olas Altas (killer pizza, pasta and bruschetta), Chiles on Pulpito (great roasted chicken and burgers), Los Arbolitos at L. Cardenas & Camino de la Rivera (Mexican), Café de Olla (great Mexican and killer margaritas), Fajita Republic at Pino Suarez 321 & B. Badillo (fajitas, huge portions), Guamuchilitos at Aquiles Serdan 438 (good seafood, etc.)

These are just some I've been to. There are many, many more, including all the beach bar/restaurants along Los Muertos. Buen Provecho.

susana

Re:Breakfast

Post by susana » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:54 am

Deb beat me to it! Best breakfast(s) in town - a tie between Fredy's El Tucan (wait for a table on the patio) & Memo's Casa de Hotcakes (the banana pancakes are memorable).

Both on Basilo Badillo, just either side of Vallarta (the main street off the bridge) left hand side if you're walking in from the ocean.

& The juice-lady's stand in front of Cafe de Olla for fresh orange, grapefruit, carrot near the Olas Altas intersection.

susana

Post by susana » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:31 pm

The Red Cabbage
Calle Rivera del Rio 204A
22-304-11

It's a 5 min. cab ride or 20 min. walk inland all the way up L. Cardenas. A bit hidden away in a residential neighborhood of Remance. EXCELLENT Mexican food.

It's down the street from the corner of Los Arbolitos (another favorite, but with a less creative menu).