Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tackitikibar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta

Post by tackitikibar » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:31 am

Going to Nuevo Vallarta for the 1st time in September. Can anyone recommend any restaurants in that area. Staying at the Playa del sol Grande.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta

Post by bzy1inpv » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:48 am

The closest restaurants are in the Paradise Village Mall, and there is La Laguna (Part of Tino's seafood restaurants/Pitillal and El Anclote) near the Nuevo entrance.

Not many restaurants in Nuevo since most of the hotels are All Inclusive.
Mayan Palace has a restaurant as well, open to the public, and there is Etc. beach club which has food, but probably about the same as the restaurant at your hotel.

The majority of the dining is in Puerto Vallarta, although going into Bucerias would be closer to the PDS Grand.
So, in Bucerias, you have many choices... Dugral's Plays (not a misspelling of my part, but of the sign painter), Meson Bay, Cafe Magana, Mark's Place, a new Tapas restaurant- (forgot the name) and many others.....some along the beach, some a block or two up. A pie in the sky on the main highway is great for desserts and treats and ice cream.

Za's pizza on the main road is great, and there are some other places in La Cruz- like Papasito's, Britiania, and Philo's...

You should be able to take a taxi to Bucerias for a reasonable amount, ask the front desk at the PDS Grand how much to Bucerias so you know what the fair should be before you head out.

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tgammon » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:22 pm

Bernardo's in Bucerias is one of my favorites...he has a place in Nuevo next to Club Oasis Marival...but only open there for lunch I believe...great French/Carribean Food...

There is a Brazil's in the Paradise Plaza Mall, as well as an Italian Place - Guido's, a Mexican place, which I can't remember the name of, and a place I think the name of is Moon Cafe...open for breakfast and lunch...good breakfast...There is also The Jungle...pretty good hamburgars and a good chicken caesar salad more of a bar type atmosphere...and a seafood place next to the Marina Yacht Club and at the entrance to Paradise Village called IL Pescatore......

E Chick

Post by E Chick » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:03 pm

tackitikibar (Aug 31, 2004 08:31 p.m.):
Going to Nuevo Vallarta for the 1st time in September. Can anyone recommend any restaurants in that area. Staying at the Playa del sol Grande.
We stayed at the PDSG in the spring and are going back again at Christmas. The food at the resort is great. La Bella Italia at the resort is wonderful. A great selection and really tasty. The Chef himself is direct from Italy and boy he can cook! The pool side dining is really good too, My kids all say they have the best burgers in the world. In Bucerais I would agree with the other posts about places to eat. We loved Za's for Pizza and also Sandrina's, both Canadain owned. Don't forget abuot stopping at Pie in the Sky if you like dessert, they make the best brownies called Besos. You just gotta try them. Any other questions email me direct if you want.

grito

Post by grito » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:52 pm

bzy1in pv: Just to defend the sign painter- Dugral's Plays isn't a sign painter mistake. That is what it is supposed to say.
TAG (Sep 01, 2004 09:22 a.m.):
Bernardo's in Bucerias is one of my favorites...he has a place in Nuevo next to Club Oasis Marival...but only open there for lunch I believe...great French/Carribean Food...

There is a Brazil's in the Paradise Plaza Mall, as well as an Italian Place - Guido's, a Mexican place, which I can't remember the name of, and a place I think the name of is Moon Cafe...open for breakfast and lunch...good breakfast...There is also The Jungle...pretty good hamburgars and a good chicken caesar salad more of a bar type atmosphere...and a seafood place next to the Marina Yacht Club and at the entrance to Paradise Village called IL Pescatore......

grito

Post by grito » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:39 pm

Sorry-I'm an airhead today-can't spell. The restaurant has no ' in it's name. Dugarel Plays is what it should be. A relative of the owner (Dugarel surname) played professional basball. Thus the name. That is what I was told when I enquired at the restaurant.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:03 am

Huh, interesting, when I was there getting their advertising they said the sign painter screwed up the first time and they kept the name ever since. I love these urban legends! Who knows, great place either way!