senior frog's

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

lin7604
PV Fan
PV Fan

senior frog's

Post by lin7604 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:03 pm

what is the difference between senior frogs and carlos and murphy's? I have been to the planet hollywood and carlos and charlies in Acapulco but not in P.V. Where is it located in P.V. ?

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:25 pm

No difference at all (other than a little decor). They're all tourist traps. Try something different - not to mention a whole lot cheaper - try Andale's on Olas Atlas! Be sure to ride the donkey!

Susan P

Senor Frog

Post by Susan P » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:46 am

Senor Frog is on the southside, on Vallarta, which is the street you'd be on coming over the bridge/river from El Centro. If you get to the cross street of B. Badillo you've gone a block or so too far.

Can't help with a review since I've only peeked inside, but walked past it a million times staying in that part of town.

lin7604
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lin7604 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:56 am

has anyone heard of pipi's, or something like that. I also was told to try there instead of these two.

svnr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svnr » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:49 am

lin7604 wrote:has anyone heard of pipi's, or something like that. I also was told to try there instead of these two.
Pipi's is an institution and should not be missed. Only problem is every body knows it so there is always a waiting line, but it is worth the wait.

SVNR

Jennybean

Food

Post by Jennybean » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:19 pm

Pipis is primarily a restaurant, whereas the other two are bars/nightclubs that serve food.

Señor Frogs is on the south side on Ignacio Vallarta, across the street from El Torito. Carlos O'Briens is on the Malecon.

All three places are primarily tourist haunts. Pipis does serve a good parmesan chicken breast though for 108 pesos. I go once a trip to dine with family...it's not my favourite place in PV but I counter the loud brashness of it with the fact I'm with people I love.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:11 pm

Pipi's and their fajita's are good too... for our wait outside i slip down the street to the Super La Playa, grab a six pack and wait for our names to be called...Pipi's is loud, and it is fun, especially if you have somebody in your group having a birthday (or NOT, just tell them they are and look out for the fun and games...)

But i have to agree with some of the other comments, Senor Frogs and Carlos O'Briens are your typical tourist traps... and some people go for it every time, and others just stear clear of them... all you have to do is get down to the malecon, wander up and down the street, and when you smell food that appeals to your nose, go in, if you find music that makes your feet happy, then slide on in.... it is all up to you....

have a great time... enjoy vallarta....
tom

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

carlos obriens/planet hollywood

Post by welovepv » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:08 am

:lol: Carlos Obrien's is a touristy place...loud music, TVs, dancing staff that like to grind on women!! It's fun but your trip won't be at a loss if you do not go. PiPis is terrific for fajitas and jumbo fish-bowl margaritas in at least 20 different flavors. It is loud but it's fun and the atmosphere is exciting. Planet Hollywood is no longer in PV - the building is still there, something else was in it but is now closed as well. It's a great location for someone who has lots of $$$ and a great idea!!