CHICO'S Paradise

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

TJMAC
PV Fan
PV Fan

CHICO'S Paradise

Post by TJMAC » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:32 pm

Hey guys, me again, assulting the blog. But, i would like to know more about CHICO's. I have visited the website and seen all the fantastic pictures. Me and my partner were thinking of renting mopeds and travelling the road out to visit one day, but were wondering if it is really worth the time to go all the way out there for the afternoon, or if we should just stay and loung on the beach or head downtown that afternoon. Plus, i havent heard much about the food, how is it and what is the price range?. :shock: Sorry, a lot of questions all in one blurb! lol

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:58 pm

It is spectacularly beautiful and I think it's worth the visit. If you don't want to go quite that far, try Chino's Paradise, a couple of miles inland from Mismaloya. Both are only open for lunch because of no electricity and both have high prices but good food and beautiful scenery.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Wow

Post by Jennybean » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:57 pm

Me and my partner were thinking of renting mopeds and travelling the road out to visit one day
Not sure if you're brave or a thrill seeker. No way on god's green earth would I get on Highway 200 with a moped. You risk life and limb on those things in the city proper - the highway would be like Russian Roulette.

If you want the thrill without the danger, take the bus. Leave the daredevil tactics to the driver. LOL

TJMAC
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Wow

Post by TJMAC » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:35 pm

Jennybean wrote:
Me and my partner were thinking of renting mopeds and travelling the road out to visit one day
Not sure if you're brave or a thrill seeker. No way on god's green earth would I get on Highway 200 with a moped. You risk life and limb on those things in the city proper - the highway would be like Russian Roulette.

If you want the thrill without the danger, take the bus. Leave the daredevil tactics to the driver. LOL
LOL POINT TAKEN!! THANK YOU!! :) :))

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:07 am

I agree with Ellen. Beautiful scenery, I would say OK "good" food but definitely overpriced, IMO!!
That's where I seemed to get most of my bug bites as well...in the jungle.
If you've never been it may be worth it but skip the mopeds and find other transportation.
We did a horse-back tour that direction. It was fun.

hurricaneshecky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Chico's

Post by hurricaneshecky » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:03 pm

It's been awhile, but I wouldn't rush back for the food and certainly wouldn't rush back on a moped for the reason's JB stated.

All I remember is feeling sorry for a parrot with her wings clipped and watching children swim in the stream below.

Come to think of it, an afternoon on the beach sounds much more appealing.

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:06 pm

2 years ago we HIKED up there...took about 2 hours and well, the looks from the tourists on the bus was priceless!!! i actually enjoyed the hike up immensely as i was able to stop along the way and take amazing pics.
i sure wouldn't pay to take the bus tour up there! i was taken aback and dissapointed by the touristry-ness of the whole place. but, because we walked up it made it a bit better- a nice way to cool off and have a bite to eat. we sure beat it out of there quickly though.
we found some americans who were willing to share their jeep on the way down. NOW, that was a ride down! fun, fun, fun...