Getting Married in PV- any help is appreciated!!!

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

santiago wedding
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Getting Married in PV- any help is appreciated!!!

Post by santiago wedding » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:37 am

Hello all! This is my first post and would love any insight!

we are getting married in PV July 4, 2008. We hope to have our ceremony downtown at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe and we have already reserved the Mayan Palace in Downtown for our reception.. and have booked Enlaceshow for our live band!

We are in search for a great florist, a mariachi or classical guitarist, rental places if available in Vallarta, transportation for our guests (we are expecting anywhere between 150-175, great resturants and nightlife.

We have a large group, my family is originally from Jalisco and my Fiance's family is from Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, some Cuban and range from all ages.

We are planning to honeymoon in Nuevo Vallarta, either at the Grand Velas or Vallarta Palace, from what I've read while searching the forum, the GV is amazing, but expensive.

We are also planning on having our guests stay at the Melia, however we have considered, Velas Vallarta as another AI option, and the Westin and Marriott Casa Magna for non AI's.

Again, thank you in advance!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:56 pm

santiago wedding...
Welcome to the board and Congratulations on your engagement... Image
Good luck with your wedding plans....So far they sound wonderful...

Hope you get the answers you are searching for...

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:42 pm

Sounds wonderful. Congratulations! One thing, the Mayan Palace is a ways from downtown, at the marina. They have a great pool and poolside service, and Tribu is a very classy lounge. Wish I could offer more than just Congratulations, but I'm sure it will all come together.

VallartaAddict
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by VallartaAddict » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:31 pm

You are brave! I attempted getting married in Mexico in the late 80's, with what I thought was the most accurate information. Suffice it to say, I returned to the US a day before my reception, UNMARRIED as I did not have paperwork acceptable to the local magistrates. Last year, I again researched marriage in Mexico for a friend of mine and it still seemed much too daunting to attempt alone. If your budget can accomodate it, I would recommend you locating a local Mexican wedding planner who can help you negotiate the legal/vendor pitfalls. Good luck and congratulations! :)

santiago wedding
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by santiago wedding » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:39 am

thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I will have to check out Tribu!

Our wedding coordinator at the Mayan is great! And, with the internet, I've been able to book my band and we are flying out a photographer from Los Angeles. At the time, I did not find one in PV which would give me enough images so we decided to fly one out ( note, I have since found a great photog in PV, but already placed a deposit to the current one, thats what I get for being so impatient!)

I can't afford an outside WC, they have quoted me $2500 plus for their services and in reality, I've found vendors on my own. I am very fortunate to have family in Guadalajara and they have offered to drive to PV to help me out (I'm sure they want to take advantage and have a vacation too!)

I'm also a member to an online destination wedding forum and there are quite a few brides who have been or are getting married in PV, but most had wedding coordinators and don't know specific names/contact info to vendors.

Many have been married at Las Caletas and have said it was amazing!

Again, thanks for your insight! I would love more, jeje!

margarita man 2

Post by margarita man 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:58 am

July 4 th. I will book my holidays now. Congratulations.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:01 pm

margarita man 2 ... Were you lucky enough to get a wedding invite or are you planning to crash the wedding... :? :)
or
are you in the wedding party.. :D

femme
PV Fan
PV Fan

dont

Post by femme » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:18 pm

make sure all your paperworkis in order this way you wont have any misshaps , better yet get married where you are at then come down for your honeymoon. you will save you and your friends a lot of headaches and money

if this is not the case then i would enlist the use of other peoples services rather then just get advice per say. there are several wedding planners here in puerto vallarta just ask around and you'll see

santiago wedding
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by santiago wedding » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:59 pm

thanks everyone.. we are not having a legal ceremony in PV. We are having a Catholic ceremony at the Church downtown.. I really don't want to go throught the process for a legal ceremony in Mexico. We are already jumping through hoops trying to get all our paperwork ready for the Church ceremony :)

allen_chaucer
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

shopping

Post by allen_chaucer » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:31 am

Congrats! Many wishes for your happy life..

Allen

http://classicalpearls.blog.com/

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Getting married in Vallarta

Post by poppy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:30 pm

Getting married in Vallarta is easy and legal. The only thing you must request is a translation of the marriage certificate for all your transfer of records in the States. You must take your blood test in Vallarta and it takes a few days, so you need to allow time. Any hotel concierge can help. They will send you a list of documents you need and can help you. It was 2006, but I don't remember any charge for use of the concierge to coordinate the paperwork for me. They will also need to reserve a Mexican justice of the peace who will do the actual vows. There is a charge for this person. Have a list of records that you need ahead of time. Work with your hotel concierge. We were married at Paradise Village and it was great! No problems whatsoever. 8)