Top 3 things to bring home

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rosie

Post by rosie » Mon May 01, 2006 12:28 am

Huichol work, anything from the beautifully beaded "eggs" to yarn paintings, eggs start at about 40 pesos ($4.00 more or less), also very colourful carved wood pieces from Oaxaca, Lucy's cu cu cabana has a great selection of these.

tiffela74
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by tiffela74 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:41 pm

Question - I know youre not to bring back a box of Cuban cigars, but is it okay to bring back just one or two? I wanted to bring one home for my boss, might get me a raise. :lol:
Tiff

tiffela74
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by tiffela74 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:46 pm

:oops:
ah, sorry, just found the thread on cigars. Got me question answered. no raise for me via cuban cigars.
Sorry bout that. :oops: Tiff

leah8581
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leah8581 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:32 pm

My parents always buy leather sandals everytime we're there and they have a couple of great leather backpacks. I always add to my collection of glasses. They are rimmed with blue, but then have blue swirls all over them. We have gotten quite a few at the big glass store in old town, pretty close to the big farmacia. And of course I bought like 50 of the blankets, everyone of my friends and family now own one! Also I have some pewter plates for candles, and a neat pewter wine bottle holder. Silver and beaded jewelry (the freshwater pearls are gorgeous), we got some of the tiles with our address numbers and they have a holder for them that you can hang in front of your house. Eventually, my dad wants to buy alot of them and make a patio out of them! And of course we bring back the max amount allowed of tequila. The best we've found is made at Rancho Capoma (I thinks it's called Rancho Palma Real now) in Las Palmas, the place with horseback ridings tours. They make their own tequila and it's amazing!! We buy it by the barrel, literally! They also have amazing lunches there, home made tortillas and chips, chicken, chiles rellenos, and beans! MMMM!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed May 31, 2006 3:35 pm

tiffela74 wrote::oops:
ah, sorry, just found the thread on cigars. Got me question answered. no raise for me via cuban cigars.
Sorry bout that. :oops: Tiff
They might not be cuban, but how about a hand rolled cigar from Puerto Vallarta Cigar Factory? Tommy cgard goes to one down town, it is by the bridge when you come back from "old town" back towards the Malecon... it is the bridge towards the mountains from the River Cafe if that makes sense to you all... Maybe they can get the correct address for you from my stumble footed attempt to give you directions....

Youarethere
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Youarethere » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:46 pm

I tried to bring back the pool boy but he couldn't fit in the suit case. But really now through the years these are some of the things that I've brought back: marble book ends from Monte Hall (vendor by Dreams), a really nice leather and silver ankle thingy from Gloria, a brass and plaster swan from a great shop downtown (can't remember the name of shop) and about 500 pictures to daydream by. I also made some wonderful friends down there and till this day (10 years later) we all still are in contact.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:03 pm

Coconut masks, about $3 US and carved wooden masks (prices vary), I'm a sucker for 'em. Complete sets of blue rim glasses. We have several sets every size and use them everyday. I would like to see everyone's collection, pooled together we - could open one hell of a flea market. :)

rosie

Post by rosie » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:26 pm

Youarethere wrote:I tried to bring back the pool boy but he couldn't fit in the suit case.
try deflating him first! :D

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sandib » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:20 am

ozzy wrote:Complete sets of blue rim glasses. We have several sets every size and use them everyday. I would like to see everyone's collection, pooled together we - could open one hell of a flea market. :)
... Or throw one hell of a party :wink: Probably even enough to supply everyone at Invasion 2007 <:-)- Wish we could make it but at least we get to leave for paradise in 38 more sleeps [hello] [sun]