Christmas Nativity Sets

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan
Christmas Nativity Sets

Post by ellenl » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:03 am

Hi,
Anyone out there know of a good, unique place to find some Nativity scenes. I collect them so am always on the lookout for something new and different.
Thanks,
Ellen

bzy1inpv

Re:Christmas Nativity Sets

Post by bzy1inpv » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:25 am

Lucy's Cu Cu Cubana on Basilio Badillo has the super cool tin ones from Oaxaca that come in a little box. Just flip down the stands and you have an instant Nativity Scene. They come in a few sizes and excellent prices. I buy them every year for Christmas gifts.

Stew

Post by Stew » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:12 am

Tlaquepaque, the wonderful vilage outside of Guadalajara is the best place I have seen for this type of item. It;s a great place to go for a few days if you have the time.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:13 am

Hey, Ellen, this is Ellen from Canada. I collect them too! There are several places in town to buy nice ones. One of them is on Juarez Street but I'm darned if I can remember the name of the shop right now. I also have a beautiful one I bought in Oaxaca years ago with figures about 8" tall, but I haven't seen anything like it in PV so far.

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ellenl » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:27 am

Thanks to all (nice to meet another Ellen, we are few and far between). I look forward to the hunt for something special!!!