tattoos and prices....

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

tracy

tattoos and prices....

Post by tracy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:23 am

hi everyone,
l would like to know if anyone knows the price and quality of tattoos in PV? I am interested in getting one while we are down there in March. Are there any laws the tattoo companies have to follow? what are the prices like???

26 more sleeps!!!

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:tattoos and prices....

Post by ndnqueen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:01 am

that is so funny you posted this, i just got back from pv and me and my hunny got tattoos there. ok i will admit i was feeling some trepidation but he soothed my fears and since i already got ink done 4 times before i bit the bullet and on the last day we got out tats. now we picked the last day so we did not miss out on any swimming and suntaning and i would advise you to do the same lol that way you can really enjoy your stay by swimming and tanning! we went to a couple different places and they all seemed to be relativily the same cleanslinees wise but some were very pricy.... we picked the aztec tattoo peircing parlor. it was reasonably priced and as we both got one we got a deal. they opened the needle right from the package in front of us and wore gloves the whole time. i asked lots of questions and he told us and showed us all the documents they needed. we payed 1100 pesos for two tats. he got a fairly large aztec sun that the guy designed right after he told him what he wanted. and it is very nice and didnt take to long... i got a gecko and it is not small but not medium. it is two toned and very cute and didnt take to long although it did take longer than i felt it should have considering the size. the place is just a block or two before the malecon begins. both our tats are doing well and healing with no problems at all. which is nice since the last tat i got at a very nice place in van got infected.... we have pics of the tats and the work being done.... if you want them email me at [email protected]

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:39 am

I had mine done at Rasta Tattoo in 2000. Have thought of getting another this upcoming trip, and if I do I'll be going to Tattoo 69. Good friend of mine who lives in PV recommends it, and I trust her judgment completely.

Cleanliness, sterilization and professionalism have all come up leaps and bounds since the days of the back parlor tattoos you would run the risk of disease with. I've been in 3 parlors in PV and all were immaculate, very well kept, and the staff were very professional.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another tattoo done in PV. Plus the pricing is usually a quarter of that in the US or Canada for the same work. My tattoo still looks as good as the day I got it done.

bzy1inpv

Post by bzy1inpv » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:01 am

Tatoo 69 is the best. Adrian has been featured on the cover on a prominent tatoo magazine (his artwork on his wife) he also uses his own ink on himself, so there is no chance of contamination/double using ink.
He is excellent and well known!

My design was about and hour and a half of work for 600 pesos, compared to the States it would have cost me about $200 US.

Located kitty-korner from Burger King by the main plaza/los Arcos area of the Malecon.

tracy

Post by tracy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:38 pm

where is this tatttoo 69 in relation to Canto Del Sol? I am not very good at finding places :o(

25 more sleeps!!!

tracy

Post by tracy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:40 pm

ndnqueen/witchypoo and my Crow (Feb 28, 2005 11:01 p.m.):
that is so funny you posted this, i just got back from pv and me and my hunny got tattoos there.

I know - I read your trip report and looked at all your pics. Awesome by the way! That is where I got the idea to get one while we are down there. I figure I might be a little less of a wuss :o) I want one on my lower back - I have a design in my head - not I just need to get it on paper. :o)

tracy

Post by tracy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:50 am

Anyone know where Tattoo 69 is located?? Directions from Canto Del Sol?

21 sleeps!!!!

tracy

Post by tracy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:50 am

Anyone know where Tattoo 69 is located?? Directions from Canto Del Sol?

21 sleeps!!!!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:13 pm

Hi everyone! We ended up going to Homie's Tattoo - not sure where it's located. Tattoo 69 didn't tell me I would need an appointment - so when we showed up, we were out of luck. Oh well. Homie's Tattoo did an awesome job. Exactly what I wanted.

sol_donkey

Post by sol_donkey » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:05 am

homie and his friend oscor do an absolutely amazing job. .. the place used to be called desteny tattoo, but now homie is the new owner, tell him what you want and they'll work with you.
My friend and I each had tats done there in March, and already plan on going again next year. We have had no problems at all and as for the prices I know it was a lot cheaper for us there than it is here in Manitoba, Canada. While we were there, many others had returned from last year to get another tat.
The address is 230 Lazaro Gardenas Co. E. Zapato 48380. (South Side)

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:46 pm

thank you sol. I forgot the address. The guy that helps him did an awesome job on me. I was there for close to 2 hours and they charged $50 USD. Not bad I think. You're prob right, much cheaper than in Manitoba, Canada. If I decide to get another one, it will prob be there. :o)

larvaxl1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by larvaxl1 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:39 pm

tracy wrote:Anyone know where Tattoo 69 is located?? Directions from Canto Del Sol?

21 sleeps!!!!
HI everyone :

Let me introduce for myself, my name is Mr Larva (A.K.A. Adrain Orea) and i am a tattoo artist and co-owner of THE SIXTY NiNE TATTOO. Puerto Vallarta.

I would like to announce that next month is our 11th anniversary and in celebration THE SiXTY NiNE TATTOO CREW, would like to say THANK YOU to all our friends and customers for your support, you guy made this possible!! so THANK YOU a lot.

Do me a favor and take a look at our web site
http://sixtyninetattoostudiopv.blogspot.com
You can find more info about us; prices ,tattoos, and body piercing work, also you will find some dates about my 2006 U.S.A and Europe tour.

See you soon !!

MR LARVA XL1

juarez 281 2nd floor down town Puerto Vallarta Mexico

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:05 am

I just took the time to look at your slide show on your web site...Good work.. :)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:48 am

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:52 pm

mexibeach wrote:I just checked it out too - nice! Hubby and I are looking to have a tattoo done; perhaps we will wait until our trip to PV.....!! 8)
I know i would like to get a tatt, but i don't know if Lojo is up for it, as she can't handle much pain :cry: :oops: But I think it would be neat for Lojo and i have to some kind of matching tatts ... Her mom and dad would kill us, but .... :evil: :twisted: :roll: :lol: 8)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:21 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:03 pm

mexibeach wrote:
tojol57 wrote:
mexibeach wrote:I just checked it out too - nice! Hubby and I are looking to have a tattoo done; perhaps we will wait until our trip to PV.....!! 8)
I know i would like to get a tatt, but i don't know if Lojo is up for it, as she can't handle much pain :cry: :oops: But I think it would be neat for Lojo and i have to some kind of matching tatts ... Her mom and dad would kill us, but .... :evil: :twisted: :roll: :lol: 8)
Oh, I know - but y'know what! You only live once. Right now we have a guy in our dept battling cancer - going for a 3rd operation on his legs. I pray for him - he's been so strong thru this - and it makes me think about how short life is.

So, I say - go for it! Pick out a cute pair of tatts and have fun with it!!!

edited to add... have a drink or 2 before you go in - that should dull the pain a bit - lol
not suppose to drink before tatts babe... but i think some pain killers from the farmacia will do just nicely that is for sure... :wink: :roll: :lol: 8)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:24 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:47 pm

mexibeach wrote:
tojol57 wrote: not suppose to drink before tatts babe... but i think some pain killers from the farmacia will do just nicely that is for sure... :wink: :roll: :lol: 8)
Yes, realize that - perhaps drinks during and after then :lol:
In all seriousness, I've heard the pain compared to having a sunburn then getting into a hot tub... stinging at first, then not too bad....
have you ever tried a japanese jacuzzi. you get in the cold end first, the jump into the hot end.. it feel like tens of thousands pins and needles going after you... i am up for it... since i love golf, i have a polo shirt with the Tazmanian devil holding an iron getting stuck by lightning... it is great...

you have heard the one about Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer walking up the 18th fairway. When a huge storm just comes out of no where and lightning flashing away. Jack grabs his one iron out of his bag and continues his walk up the fairway. Arnold goes, "Jack are you crazy! you have metal spikes in your shoes and a one iron in your hand!" Jack looks at Arnie, "You saw how I hit my one iron back on 17. Well even God can't hit a one iron!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

have a great weekend...

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:56 am

i found mine to feel like a nice (lol) long cat scratch! i took some advil just prior to the work and it was enough to keep the edge off. i've been told that it is not a good idea to drink beforehand. give it some serious consideration then have fun :D .