tattoos and prices....

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

margarita man 2

Post by margarita man 2 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:07 am

tojol57 wrote:
mexibeach wrote:I just checked it out too - nice! Hubby and I are looking to have a tattoo done; perhaps we will wait until our trip to PV.....!! 8)
I know i would like to get a tatt, but i don't know if Lojo is up for it, as she can't handle much pain :cry: :oops: But I think it would be neat for Lojo and i have to some kind of matching tatts ... Her mom and dad would kill us, but .... :evil: :twisted: :roll: :lol: 8)
Hey Tom. How about a few of us getting "Invasion 2007" tattoos when we are in P.V. Maybe we can get a discount.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:51 pm

I'm trying to get rid of the tatoo I already have. I don't want another.

Joyce

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Tattoo Removal

Post by smitty » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:39 am

How about trying the Magic Wand home tattoo removal system ?

http://greatinventions.tv/products/101.php

( I know - thats sick ! :) )

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:24 pm

margarita man 2 wrote:
tojol57 wrote:
mexibeach wrote:I just checked it out too - nice! Hubby and I are looking to have a tattoo done; perhaps we will wait until our trip to PV.....!! 8)
I know i would like to get a tatt, but i don't know if Lojo is up for it, as she can't handle much pain :cry: :oops: But I think it would be neat for Lojo and i have to some kind of matching tatts ... Her mom and dad would kill us, but .... :evil: :twisted: :roll: :lol: 8)
Hey Tom. How about a few of us getting "Invasion 2007" tattoos when we are in P.V. Maybe we can get a discount.
here there Bryan, that might be a good idea... Actually right now i am leaning on a Parrot between my shoulders or on one of my arms.. also thought of a Palm Tree on my forearms... I got this Jimmy Buffett thing going thru my mind, and become a real parrott head.... :wink: :lol: 8)

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:26 pm

Ow ow ow owwww Smitty I think I'll pass on that but it reminds me of a joke I pulled on Fred a while back! I stll laugh when I think of his reaction but for some reason he doesnt think it was funny at all!!!

Joyce

tojol57

Re: Tattoo Removal

Post by tojol57 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:36 pm

smitty wrote:How about trying the Magic Wand home tattoo removal system ?

http://greatinventions.tv/products/101.php

( I know - thats sick ! :) )

Could you see if TommyLee or David Navarro used this to clean up their tatts... OUCH would be the smallest word they would say....

DELETED

Re: Tattoo Removal

Post by DELETED » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:16 pm

DELETED

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:57 am

...the whole "drinking before a tattoo" thing has nothing to do with the process or the pain or anything like that...it does however, have everything to do with the ability to make an informed decision...to get or not to get a tattoo and if getting one, what to get done...we've all got up the next day at least once in our lives wondering "what the hell happened last night"...and you don't need to be reminded each time you look at your arm, leg, shoulder, etc...I am not against tattoos, in fact I have many, but you need to make a conscious decision that you want a tattoo and even more important that you want that particular tattoo for the rest of your life...sonofdob.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:05 pm

Apparently alcohol thins your blood and then they cannot stop the bleeding from a tattoo - which is why most tattoo artists will not tattoo someone who is drunk.

We went to PV with the intention of getting a tattoo - I knew what I wanted and where. We paid $1000 pesos for 2 tattoos at Homie's and mine took 3-4 hours. I would suggest waiting until the day before you go home because you cannot swim afterwards.

As for the pain, once you get used to it, it's really not that bad (depending on where you are getting it). I got mine right between my shoulders and tattooing across the spine hurts a bit. I can see taking some tylenol or whatever you use - just make sure it's not a blood thinner.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:06 pm

still sounds like a good idea to me to check out this guys parlor when we are down there on our next trip... checked out his website again, and looks like some excellent work from the slide show...

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:08 pm

I agree - we stopped in there when we were wanting to get ours. It was a Saturday afternoon and the lady there said we needed to make an appointment first. However, we sent them an email prior to leaving for our trip and were told that we did not need an appointment.

So seeing as how we really wanted to get tattoos while we were there, we stopped by Homie's and talked with him a bit, got a tour and decided we would get ours there. It also worked out cheaper for us at Homie's.

My advice would be to make an appointment for your last day.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:45 am

tandr2...no offence, but the refusal to tattoo inebriated individuals has nothing to do with bleeding and everything to do with credibilities...no matter how appropiate it seems to tattoo someone's name on your a$$ at 04:00 a.m. it is unlikley to seem equally appropiate when you look at it the next day...thank your local, credible, tattoo artist for that !!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:12 pm

hey Tracy - where is Homie's at? Will check him out as well... agree about waiting to the last day or so before heading for home... especially when have had enough sun etc... still trying to talk Lojo into it as well... we will have to see what happens... thanks for your inputs... greatly appreciated....

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:17 pm

Homie's address: 230 Lazaro Gardenas Co. E. Zapato 48380. (South Side)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:21 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:25 pm

tandr2 wrote:Homie's address: 230 Lazaro Gardenas Co. E. Zapato 48380. (South Side)

Thanks Tracy... got it logged into my Vacation planner...

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:27 pm

mexibeach wrote:I'm very excited; albeit a bit nervous, about getting a tattoo. Was going to wait til our next trip to Mexico but may go for our anniversary in a little over a week. I think I'll go with the tylonel plan... used to give that to our daughter when she went for her vaccinations... hopefully that will be enough - save the drinks for afterwards - lol :lol: :oops:
I wonder if Lojo would be up to getting one in KC next weekend for her birthday... could make for an interesting weekend to say the least... or wait until October if we get to go to PV for the week... that would be a good one too... hope to compare paint with you someday Mexibeach... :wink: :roll: :lol: 8)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Skin Art

Post by smitty » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:21 pm

I wonder if they have this tattoo option in PV yet ? Blacklight tattoos . :)

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal3975_UV ... ht_Ink.asp

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:36 pm

hey smitty that was pretty kewl... i would love to see Lojo get that Playboy Bunny one on her back side like that... that was pretty neat...

Hey mexibeach... what do you think... glow in the dark tatts for the invasion of 2007....

:wink: 8)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:25 pm

DELETED