Jewellery information

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

The Mat Man

Jewellery information

Post by The Mat Man » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:28 pm

What kind of jewellery is cheap in mexico? And what kind of tips can anyone provide on purchasing these items.
Thanks
The mat man

bounce530
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Jewellery information

Post by bounce530 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:44 pm

beach venders and full on stores sell lots of silver.

woodland

asdfg

Post by woodland » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:44 pm

asdf

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:05 pm

That last comment was really very useful... :-) Any case I can recommend silver, Mexican silver is quite reasonably priced and good quality workmanship.

Kind regards

Mogens

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:00 am

Last trip we made late fall of 2004 my friend purchased a complete set ot silver Jewelry from a beach vendor, Beautiful stuff. Necklace Earings ring bracelet and ankle bracelet for around $200.00 Canadian. Good quality and very beautiful .
I never looked at the silver till I saw hers now I know what is on my list next trip.

To someone special heading out tomorrow to a Place called PV. I know how excited you are for this trip. Who knows we may meet late Fall on your second trip this year. Have fun and I am thinking of you and yours. Sending Hugs.

Cheers !

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun May 01, 2005 12:58 am

My wife, Kay, is totally addicted to mexican silver and ends up buying so much stuff I'm surprised we can get it back home. She always gets many complements onthe jewelery from her clients. Also when I feel in the "Don Carlos" spirit, my fingers have so much silver on them I am mistaken for a mafia don.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun May 01, 2005 1:29 am

<:((0))~ is so right! There is just something about that Mexican silver that just takes you back when you wear it.. I must have about 22 rings (and only 11 fingers) but I just love each one. Kathy has quite a bit of various and beautiful chunks of jewelry. Also, half the fun is "negotiating" a good price. Just my opinion. Chuck

WK

Post by WK » Sun May 01, 2005 4:13 am

i've read that Jalisco is famous for its fire opals; where are the particular shops in PV that sell quality opal jewelry?

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Sun May 01, 2005 4:17 am

Hmmmm Might stick a ring in your nose CharlieB or you could set up shop on the Beach maybe.
Sounds like a very nice collection!
btw
your opinion is A . OK!

One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn' t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
Lucille Ball

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun May 01, 2005 8:12 pm

there are a couple of quality stores along the malecon that have some wonder stones, settings and mountings... you just have to make sure what you are dealing with and for... know your stones very well... i would love to bring my wife's jewler down sometime to PV and have him check the stones our first....

now one of the beach vendors down around the GCP is Eddie... he has some of the best wares we have seen in a long time... and Eddie treats you right.... Our friends from Lees Summit just love him... and she has a lot of his jewelry on her ... unforturnately my wife is into gold so the silver just doesn't go with a lot of her pieces ....

good luch and happy shopping

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun May 01, 2005 11:02 pm

Got a ring in my nose.......been married 37 years lol to the wind under my wings. Chuck

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon May 02, 2005 12:41 am

Fast Eddie is the man to see at the GPC. Kay is always hitting him up for a bargain and always gets one.

stew

Post by stew » Mon May 02, 2005 12:41 am

Best deals & selection for silver is Taxco, A wonderful adventure. You will ned a really good pair of walking shoes. Start at the top of the city (7,000 feet plus) & walk down. Then Cab back up to your hotel. For Gold two places Guadalajara is the best place in Jalisco, but for a real unique experience Petatlan just 45 minutes outside Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa for hand made gold items at a number of gold tallers there & one of the few places they mine gold in Mexico.