Wedding in PV and Honeymoon

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

Odelia

Wedding in PV and Honeymoon

Post by Odelia » Mon May 02, 2005 6:06 pm

My fiancee and I are planning to get married in PV the week on 8/6/05 - 8/13/05. We have never been to PV. We are staying at The Universal Club at Villa Palmar. We need all the suggestions we can get!! Can any one suggest things to do, must see things, thing to avoid....blah,blah,blah. We are so excited but we want to make this a memorable week not a nerve racking one. We really don't want to waste time with rip offs or things of that sort. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Scottie's Bride to Be
(Odelia)

Alison

Re:Wedding in PV and Honeymoon

Post by Alison » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:23 pm

I have been to PV twice this year. It's easy to hang around the resort visiting with the staff and lounging around the pool...and it's fun. We had planned on doing many different activities that PV has to offer and never got around to doing a most of them. My manager was in PV in April and she went to the Rythem of the Nights tour, she said it is a definite must. I've heard that from other people as well. I also have heard wonderful things about the canopy tour, didn't do that either. I do know someone that had done a canopy tour in Costa Rica and said that was way better, but if you haven't done one before it might be fun and worthwhile. We went out on a sailboat for some whale watching in Jan. didn't see any whales, lots of dolphins. It was our best day in PV, lots of fun, the captain was funny, really nice, he made sandwiches and had chips for lunch and an assortment of beverages. The boat was called M&M, it has an advertisement on the side for a restaurant called the Blue Shrimp. The captian's name is Carlos, I would absolutely recommend going out on a boat for a day. Walking the boardwalk (malecon) is really nice at sunset, there are numerous wonderful restaurants. I've had many recommendations from people that go to PV every year, we didn't go to any of the places recommended, and found many restaurants on our own that were fabulous. Hope that helps a bit. We've stayed at the Villa del Palmar and the Villa del Palmar Flamingos, both are excellent resorts, the 2nd is my favorite, love the staff! Have a wonderful time!