shopping in p.v.

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

fred

shopping in p.v.

Post by fred » Tue May 17, 2005 3:46 pm

i will be in p.v. over christmas this year, and i am wondering, what are some of the best buys there? Do i have a suit made? or shoes? or just buy cigars and tequila and enjoy the weather. or any type of xmas festivitys that would be good to see? and i am a newby so everyone is welcome to give me their opinion.

stew

Re:shopping in p.v.

Post by stew » Tue May 17, 2005 5:10 pm

There are taliors in PV & I have had shirts custom made. He was located in the first walkway down to Muertos beach past the coffee/book place.Not sure about suits. Shoes are for the most part of the lower to medium quality varierty, such as Dos Hermanos or Canada stores. There are a couple of higher end stores especialy in womens, however if you are a "Serious" shoe shopper you need to get to Guadalajara, There is a shopping center with over 200 shoe stoes there many of higher quality at prices far less than in the US of A. My wife purchased 14 pair on our honeymoon in 98 there. One pair was damaged slightly so she got hem for 40 pesos. Having them sewed in California was $6 USD, more than the shoes cost!. I purchased two pair of dress shoes fully leather lined w/leather soles for under 20 USD each. Unbelivable low prices for these high quality shoes.