Genie Pants...... Gals Only

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Genie Pants...... Gals Only

Post by flyawayplus4 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:54 pm

Genie Pants. :)
Last year on my vacation to Puerto Vallarta I purchased a pair of Genie pants.
The pants were bought at a ladies store on the Malecon. A Gal at our Resort had a pair and I coveted the pants.
My Genie pants are turquoise blue and they have navy dolphins on the side of the legs.
There is one problem with the Genie pants. :?
Getting into them.
You can not pre build the pants.
The pants are one large piece of material.
There is a trick to putting the pants on and I have yet to figure it out.
You tie the pants at your waist in the front. Then if you can you bend to the floor :roll: and pick up the right piece of the pants and bring the material up and under your butt and then tie it at the back of your waist.
Now you have a nice piece of material hanging from your waist in a shapeless form. Next step is to the tie the material at your ankles. This gives one a nice looking pair of Genie pants with sexy slits on the sides of your legs. :shock:
I packed my Genie pants this trip. I went through the difficult procedure of getting into the darn thing and decided although the pants are pretty they are not practical especially is one drinks beers. How many times in an eve would I have to try and figure out how to get into the pants and...... after a few drinks I was not sure what kind of style I would come up with :D so the pants returned to my suitcase and they stayed there. :cry:
There has to be a name for these holiday pants other than Genie pants?
Last edited by flyawayplus4 on Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:49 am

I know exactly what you are talking about. As I was reading this it just made me laugh as I started picturing trying to get these things on and off after a couple of drinks. My daughter was given a pair by one of the beach vendors on our last trip and I have a hard time getting them on her. I can't even imagine trying to get the darn things on by yourself never mind after a few drinks.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:47 am

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:57 pm

I think they're just called "wrap-around" pants? Sandy has owned (or still does maybe??) a couple pairs...

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:50 pm

Hi Chico :)
The Genie pants you posted are the ones I would like to have. They would be easy to get into. Next time I will shop for those.
Thanks for posting the site and you know I am a fan of all your posts and interesting articles. :)
I did some googling of my own and I found the pants I bought in Puerto Vallarta and yes they are called wrap pants. :)
I even found instructions on video how to wrap the pants .
I do not know how to put the pic up like you do Chico but I will post the links.

Nice seeing you ;)

palapa I would think the little pants would be cute . Best time for them would be pre potty training and pre trained child EH! :) What's one more diaper. :D

The Genie wrap pants with the side slits. http://www.theislandpalace.com/hawaiwrappant.htm

I was thrilled to see the name of the pants. Sha Sha pants. My daughter did not call me Mom when she was learning to talk. She could not say Sylvia but tried to. I was just Sha Sha to her. Now she just says Shush! :roll:
Instructions http://www.purpleunicorn.com/wraps.html

btw... I learned from google that men wear these pants too. :lol:

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Sha Sha Pants

Post by smitty » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:08 pm

Funny story Sylvia . I don't know about the part about men wearing those pants . I don't think the world is ready to see me Image in a pair of them . :)

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Sha Sha Pants

Post by stew » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:14 pm

smitty wrote:Funny story Sylvia . I don't know about the part about men wearing those pants . I don't think the world is ready to see me Image in a pair of them . :)
Gallino! LOL!

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:26 am

as a guy i agree with smitty. i would not be so concerned as far as being able to go to the bathroom after a few drinks because the reality is that i would need several drinks before being able to wear these. but i have observed them on women and they look very nice.

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:29 am

but...... The World is ready Smitty. :D
I am sure Laurie would do us a fav and snap a pic.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:50 am

I say go for it... wouldn't be the strangest thing i have ever seen in Vallarta... because i have been to the Club Paco Paco during the TV night... and you can see just about anything and everything that night... :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :shock: :shock:

Have a good one gang....

:wink: Tom 8)

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:56 am

Chorus line Tom :D :) :o :shock: :D :lol:
Too funny

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:01 am

I got a pair of these a few years ago in PV and love them. They are hard to figure out at first, but when using the ladies room, don't take them all the way off, just undo the last tying (but hold them up high, if ya know what I mean!). I've gotten lots of compliments on mine!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:04 pm

I purchased a pair when we were down in march as well. I am thinking of getting my sewed from my waist to my knees. No one wants to see my legs all the time and if I get them sewed, I can wear them to work. :D

Take care.

Tracy
5 sleeps!!!

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Helen for You...

Post by Plus4 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Bumping this up for you Helen..
Directions (kind of :lol: :P ) how to get into your new Geni pants ...
You have lots of time before Christmas to practice... :)

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Thanks

Post by helenf » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:20 pm

Hee Hee - Thanks Syl. I still don't know if I will ever end up wearing them for the same reasons you stated. When drinking alcohol they wouldn't make much sense would they?

I can envision it now. In the john at Andeles and unable to come back out cause I can't get my pants done up again. Then Doug having to send someone in to find me. :lol:

Oh Well - I'll still try to get them done up to see what they look like on. Maybe I could take them and wear them on a non-drinking evening out. Yeah right! :wink:

Helen

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:00 pm

:lol: :)
The pants really are cute and sexy when on... Doug will appreciate them... :)
Wear the darn pants even if it is just to take a slow walk down the beach and back and for a few pics.. You will look great in them I know... :)