Cigars

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

parrot
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Cigars

Post by parrot » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:59 pm

Ok...another question from a PV newbie! I know you can get cuban cigars in PV...where is the best spot to purchase and can you bring them back to the states :?:

parrot
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by parrot » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:01 pm

...go figure....I just posted mine question and someone beat me to the punch...still need to know if you can bring them back to the states! Thanks all...and sorry for the duplicate.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:22 pm

parrot wrote:...go figure....I just posted mine question and someone beat me to the punch...still need to know if you can bring them back to the states! Thanks all...and sorry for the duplicate.
If they're currently illegal in the U.S., no, you can't bring them back. A cuban cigar is a cuban cigar, regardless of where you purchased it.

big guy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

cigars

Post by big guy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:53 am

There is lots of places to buy them . You can also watch them make them in a little shop in the area of the square in Centro. He also sells them. Made in Mexico, enjoy em while your there you will get less hassel than at home.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Cubano and a Mojito

Post by Jennybean » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:52 am

If you want to be guaranteed authenticity, purchase at La Bodeguita del Medio on the Malecon. Guaranteed authentic Cubanos.

Bringing them back to the US...well, no, I don't recommend that. Not in this day and age of the virtual body cavity searches in customs. :lol:

If you live in Canada though - fill yer boots! LOL

parrot
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by parrot » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:33 pm

Thanks.... 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

bounce530
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bounce530 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:24 pm

You are allowed to bring into the states 5 cuban cigars for personal use. I brought one back a few years ago, I had it in my pocket of the shorts I was wearing coming back into the states, while going through the inspection in PV the guard grabbed it and gave it back to me, then while wondering through the no duty shops of the PV airport, I asked one of the clerks that was selling cubans, she told me you are allowed 5. I thought I was busted when the guard grabbed it though.

cindymn
PV Fan
PV Fan

Cuban Cigars

Post by cindymn » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:33 pm

I did a google search and found this article.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/alert ... cigars.xml

For what its worth.

bounce530
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bounce530 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:17 am

Sorry for the mis-information! After reading that article, I will not bring any back into the states, reguardless of what some sales lady tells me. Thanks for clearing that up. 8)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:42 pm

Thanks to George W. penelties have gotten a lot strickter. I had read last year in a cigar magazine that "W" did kick it up a notch. I guess when you think you are the world's policeman, you got to throw your weight around sometimes. Just smoke em in PV.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Just to throw this out: Hope it's just a rumor, but I heard that, being a U.S. citizen, I am technically not allowed to consume anything Cuban anywhere in the world? No Cigars in PV? No Havana Club rum? Is this correct? Are there men in black that will write me a ticket on the malecon? Or whisk me away? Just wondering. Chuck... 8)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Cuba and US Tourists

Post by smitty » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:28 pm

Enjoy your Cuban cigars and rum in PV . You are in for a treat . Wise advice from your countrymen on bringing back Cuban products to the US. Not to get into US foreign policy but it doesn't make any sense to me. Threatening travelers for enjoying themselves in a foreign land is beyond my understanding.

Just a note to all my American friends . Cuban cigars, rum and any other Cuban exports are readily available in Canada . :) Charlieb , last week I got a bottle of Cuban rum from one of my customers. I thought of you and knew you would of enjoyed it . Sorry I couldn't pass it on to you but gave it to one of my work buddies. :?