Doctors,hospitals,payments?

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

plymouthman
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Doctors,hospitals,payments?

Post by plymouthman » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:06 am

Coming down to PV 1st week of May, just wanted to know if we needed :?: medical help what can we expect?cash upfront,can we use american insurance. anybody done this.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 am

The new Cornerstone hospital is state of the art and they do accept US insurance. Ameri-Med and San Javiar also accept US ins. I do not know if you have to pay upfront and then they bill the insurance for you or not. You might also want to contact your insurance company and ask them what their procedure is for out of the country claims and get the necessary claim forms to take down with you.

Pam Thompson is the patient representative for Cornerstone Hospital you can email her at [email protected] and ask her what their policy is. She is wonderful and I am sure she will be glad to tell you how they handle the claims at Cornerstone.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:44 pm

While I am sure Kat's info is correct and certainly Pam can answer far better then most, I can tell you of our experience in PV.

2 Years ago my Mother in Law took a fall at our Hotel the Velas Vallarta. She cut her chin and bled quite a bit. The first aid people at the Velas were just great. They took us to the San Javier Hospital in the Hotel Van and there she received wonderful, quick medical care. The Doctor who stitched her up used the most modern of methods in the stitching, so as to leave no scar. The Doctor not only took us back to the Velas in his personal vehicle, but came to the Hotel 4 days later to remove the stitches. We did not inquire as to any coverage and paid with a credit card. BTW it was reimbused when submitted in the US. The price for the service was far less then it would have been in a Hospital in our home town,

If this is an example of medical practice in PV, I suggest one needs never worry.