heading north from the airport

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
heading north from the airport

Post by sandib » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:48 pm

It's getting close! Only 45 more days till paradise! This time we are renting a car and picking it up at the airport. We will be heading north on hwy 200 toward buccarias (we actually stay on distilladeras beach - Rancho Banderas resort about 15-20 miles north of PV. Can anyone tell me a good place to stop and do some grocery shopping for our kitchen? VERY much interested in the fresh fruit! Mmmmmmm good stuff. I have been to PV 4 times now and LOVE the fresh fruit and fresh squeezed OJ. A good Fruteria (sp) or fresh fish market are on my list also. Thanks in advance for your help! I too am a PV addict 8)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:57 pm

if you wanted to shop before leaving Vallarta, come out of the Airport and go to the super wal-mart before heading north... other wise i am not sure what is out that way except for something close to Paradise Village... i am sure that others will have ideas for you....

have a great time...

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Thanks

Post by sandib » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:16 pm

Thanks Tom,

Not quite sure where the gigante is. Do I have to go all the way downtown? Really dont want to get mixed up in the traffic near the melecon (scary!!). I think John knows where this is but since I'm playing hooky today, he is at work and I cant ask him. Cant think of a better way to spend a friday, playing hooky and watching the web cam! :lol:

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:27 pm

Sandi

Gigante is about a block and half south of the Villa del Palmar. There is also the Wal-mart that is across the street from where the cruise ships dock. There is a Commerical Mexicana, this would be the one closest to the airport, in Plaza Neptune(I believe that is what it is called).
There are no large grocery stores north of the airport. I'm sure there are little shops that sell fruit and such up that way but just don't know where.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:06 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:58 pm

told you, you would get a lot of open ideas and suggestions. If you are fluent with your spanish i think mexibeach's is the way to go....

good luck, have fun, and see you when you get back...

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:36 pm

I'm drooling just thinking about all that fresh sweet yummy fruit you will be having. Image
Have fun.

Joyce

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

THANKS

Post by sandib » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:03 pm

Thanks to all of you! I know I can always count on you guys for some good ideas. Since we wanted to explore Bucarias anyway, think we will just wait till the second day we are there to do our shopping 8V8 . Think we will drive into Bucarias, park the car and spend the day exploring. I too am drooling thinking of the fresh fruit, nothing like you can get in California, believe it or not. We live in the eastern sierras so most of our fruit is imported and either not ripe enough or WAY to ripe and very expensive since we live in a resort town :( . I sure cant wait. My husband corrected me on the days, YIPPEE now only 42 days to go till paradise and a margarita in each hand sitting on the beach 8) [sun] ! Anyone gonna be there during that time? We will be there Aug. 5th-12th. Dont know if that is a good time of year for a "meet up" or not. What do you guys think? <:-)- :8-)) :-)4