Seviche/Ceviche recipes Ideas

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Seviche/Ceviche recipes Ideas

Post by glacierroasters » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:32 pm

This was a great discovery for us while in Vallarta last month.

We really enjoyed it, anyone have any ideas or recipes? I know I can look on google but curious if any of you have any idea's or suggestions or recipes.

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Ceviche

Post by marcos » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:49 pm

You really don't need a "recipe" for ceviche. In fact, there's a restaurant just outside of Lima, Peru where they have a "make it yourself" ceviche bar. You pick up a small, pick up the various types of fish and/or shell fish that you want, give your bowl to the ceviche maker and he makes it and then delivers it to your table. Except, though, in the case of "ceviche al momento" where the ceviche maker swishes your fish around in the lime juice for a few seconds then hands your bowl back to you. Mmmmm, tasty!

Really, though, all you need to remember is to use fresh lime juice (key limes if you can ...they're the really small limesthat you see all over Vallarta).

Squeeze a bunch of lime juice into a bowl, add some chopped or sliced onions (if you want), some chopped or sliced jalapenos (if you want), the type of cubed fish (a firm white-fleshed fish usually works best) or shell fish (clams and small shrimp work well), then let the mixture sit for as long as you desire. Personally I like mine to sit for only a minute or two but some folks like theirs to sit all day (refrigerated of course).

That's all their is to it.