Taking things to a Family In PV

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

flamingos
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Taking things to a Family In PV

Post by flamingos » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:49 pm

We met a Vendor on the beach when we were in PV last year and was invited to his house for a dinner. This was a humbling experience because they had very little and furnished all the food and drink. We would like to take something down to them when we go in a few days. There is a man and his wife, 14 year old son and 8 year old daughter and a younger woman that lives with them. Does anyone have any ideas of what we could take to them.. I would appreciate any ideas, we asked when we left last year if there was anything we could bring when we came back and they said they were ok...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Daisy

Mikey and Gabby

Re:Taking things to a Family In PV

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:33 am

Gabby and I befriended a couple 4 years ago in PV. They have become very good friends of ours now. We always bring plenty of new clothes for the teenage daughter and the preschool daughter. We bring new clothes as well for the mother. The father is a little harder to shop for. He likes sports jersys and ball caps. 2 yeasr ago we even brought down a new tricycle for the little girl. She loved it. They have become such good friends we have even be invited to travel to Guad with them to visit the parents on the farm. This is something we may do next week when we make our next trip. Have fun anything you bring will surly be appreciated I am sure.

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Taking things to a Family In PV

Post by ellenl » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:59 am

Like the previous poster stated: I'm sure anything you bring will be appreciated because it won't be expected. If you don't have a lot of room you might think of small items like personal items/toiletries/cosmetics/razors/etc. These things can be luxuries even though we think of them as necessities. Plus they are easy to pack. And although it is always great to see someone open "things" you might think of a gift card to Walmart or Sams (if they have those down in PV). That way you know they can get just what they need. Also, maybe you can find out their birthdays, that way you can let them know throughout the year that you are thinking of them.
Just some thoughts,
Ellen