Immigration Form

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

carolseashore
PV Fan
PV Fan

Immigration Form

Post by carolseashore » Fri May 05, 2006 1:02 pm

On the immigration form it asks how long you are staying, if moving permanently to PV what would you answer to this question.

winterpegman

Re: Immigration Form

Post by winterpegman » Fri May 05, 2006 2:11 pm

carolseashore wrote:On the immigration form it asks how long you are staying, if moving permanently to PV what would you answer to this question.
If you are entering the country on an FMT (Tourist Visa), then you have a maximum of 180 days you can stay.

An FM3 has to be renewed yearly, so you couldn't say longer than a year.

An FM2 doesn't have to be renewed, so you could say you're staying indefinately.

Which one are you entering under?

carolseashore
PV Fan
PV Fan

Imigration Form

Post by carolseashore » Fri May 05, 2006 4:28 pm

I thought an FM3 can only be obtained once you have a permanent residence which you have to show a bill with your PV address. Can I get an FM3 before going to PV?

winterpegman

Re: Imigration Form

Post by winterpegman » Fri May 05, 2006 5:42 pm

carolseashore wrote:I thought an FM3 can only be obtained once you have a permanent residence which you have to show a bill with your PV address. Can I get an FM3 before going to PV?
Yes, you can. At risk of sounding offensive, and I'm truly not intending to be insulting, but I think you better do some serious research into your move, if you haven't got to this point yet.

An excellent resource for this is here - http://www.rollybrook.com/how_to_move_to_mexico.htm

Hope that helps.

carolseashore
PV Fan
PV Fan

Immigration Form

Post by carolseashore » Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm

Thanks for the website this person has been very helpful and answered many questions.