From PV to Bucerias

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Mumper52
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
From PV to Bucerias

Post by Mumper52 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:29 pm

HOla, I will be in the hotel zone of PV and would like to travel to Bucerias. Are there any buses that go to Bucerias? Any info is greatly appreciated. Gracias, Connie

pop&fresh

buses

Post by pop&fresh » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:08 pm

just ask your hotel operator as to what busses to take
there are busses that travel frequently right from pv to bucerias

bruce

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:39 pm

Here is a good thread on this topic

viewtopic.php?t=10601&highlight=bucerias+bus

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: From PV to Bucerias

Post by ellen » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 pm

Mumper52 wrote:HOla, I will be in the hotel zone of PV and would like to travel to Bucerias. Are there any buses that go to Bucerias? Any info is greatly appreciated. Gracias, Connie
Take a regular bus from outside your hotel to either Avenida Francia by the HSBC or to Sam´s/Wal-Mart. Both places are stops for the Bucerias bus. At Sam´s go to the far bus stop closest to VIP´s. There is always a young man there to make sure you get on the right bus.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:19 pm

although the bus is a good ride and very inexpensive...about 180 pesos gets you there by cab...just another option...sonofdob.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:39 pm

sonofdob wrote:although the bus is a good ride and very inexpensive...about 180 pesos gets you there by cab...just another option...sonofdob.
$18.00 as opposed to $1.50? Hmmm...........

Deb1741
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Deb1741 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:04 pm

I am in PV right now :D it is heaven here. We took the bus out to Brucerias- it was easy and cheap. We caught the ATM bus at Walmart. There was a man there yelling out which bus to take. It was a little confusing figuring out where to get off once we got to Brucerias but we we're able to do it ok. We ate at Michel Angels there and it was fantastic. Did a little shopping and caught the bus back without any problems. In fact we haven't had any problems with taking the busses at all- they are very convenient and very cheap. We only used a taxi once and that was after the Rhthyms of the Night because we got back around 11:15 pm. Ok I'm off for another stroll on the Malecon. We fly back tomorrow :( I'll try to write a trip report when I get back.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:39 pm

180 pesos is an issue ? I think 180 pesos directly into the pocket of a local taxi driver is money well spent...plus you get the comforable ride, conversation and local knowledge along the way...but if 180 pesos is financially prohibitive by all means use the buses...they will get you there just fine and are interesting and unique in thier own way...as I said the cabs were just another "option"...sonofdob

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:14 pm

sonofdob wrote:180 pesos is an issue ? I think 180 pesos directly into the pocket of a local taxi driver is money well spent...plus you get the comforable ride, conversation and local knowledge along the way...but if 180 pesos is financially prohibitive by all means use the buses...they will get you there just fine and are interesting and unique in thier own way...as I said the cabs were just another "option"...sonofdob
I think it's an issue for some people. The little expenses add up quickly, especially if you are using public transportation alot. Anyway, as you say, both options are available and there is a perfect one for all pocketbooks.

tequilagirl
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by tequilagirl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Personally, I love the bus, &, the older the better!!
You get to see so many characters on the bus; last time there was a dude playing a bongo drum!
Having said that, taxis are quick & easy, &, also have great characters driving them!

Try both: that's what makes life interesting!! :D