How early do I need to arrive at the airport?

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

p
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

How early do I need to arrive at the airport?

Post by p » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:57 pm

How long before my flight do I need to get to PVR to get through all the customs lines, etc. I don't want to call it particularly close, but then I don't want to spend an extra hour at the airport just "to be safe".

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:12 pm

depends on how you came down... if you came down on a package, the bus will pick you up and take you to the airport. we still like to get there a good 90 minutes before our flights because of the cluster mess that awaits you with all the charters and scheduled flights leaving on saturday... so you best be prepared... and things can change at a moments notice as well... there can always be problems with your plane coming in from where ever to take you home, weather, crew issues, mechanical etc... been there done that too... and it sucks... especially when we could still be sitting at the GCP enjoying life before heading home...

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:22 pm

DELETED

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:25 pm

You should check with you airline, some have worse lineups than others.

I have had friends arrive at PVR the same time as us, departing about the same as us, but flying on another airline. We were checked in in 20 minutes, leaving us an 1 1/2 hour wait, our friends were in line the whole time and nearly missed their flight.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:58 am

Saturdays are just plain unpredictable. The wait inside after the security gate always seems too long, and is a high price to pay for getting there too early, but the lines leading up to the baggage check and then security are getting longer every year.