Transportation to Mismaloya area

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rpowell
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Transportation to Mismaloya area

Post by rpowell » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:59 pm

We are arriving Dec. 20th and leaving Dec. 27th. We are staying the first night at the hotel. La Jolla de Mismaloya. Then we are staying at a villa close by the rest of the week. We will have 4 people (4 adults and 2 teen boys). What are your suggestions for transportation?

Would "Pam" be a good source to get that taken care of before we get there? (I am sure that this is the "busy" season.)

Thanks!

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Transportation to Mismaloya area

Post by rossk » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:59 am

Oklahoma Mama (Nov 18, 2004 11:59 a.m.):
We are arriving Dec. 20th and leaving Dec. 27th. We are staying the first night at the hotel. La Jolla de Mismaloya. Then we are staying at a villa close by the rest of the week. We will have 4 people (4 adults and 2 teen boys). What are your suggestions for transportation?

Would "Pam" be a good source to get that taken care of before we get there? (I am sure that this is the "busy" season.)

Thanks!

I know that a lot of people will vigorously disagree, but we had a rental car for the week we were there last month, and found it very handy for the drive from downtown to the south (we stayed at the Presidente). I'm used to driving in San Francisco, and being resourceful finding parking spots, and we seldom had much of a problem. We used Dollar, and a small Nissan with AC was about $225 including insurance.

Of course, our travels included a lunch in Punta Mita, and a day up the coast to San Blas, trips that would take considerably longer by bus.

stew

Post by stew » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:41 am

Sorry. but 4 people I woud not rent a car. Into town take a bus that wil be going right by. I've stayed on a couple of occasions at the Lindo Mar & always hopped the bust to town or Mismilo. If you want to go exploring longer outpost rent a car for just a day or two, At night with 4 grab a cab. One of the most lovely experiences I ever had was the kindnest showed to me by a teenager on the bus one sunday A. M. I often think I would have missed that if I had taken a cab.

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ellenl » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:02 am

Okay Stew,
Now you've tempted me. Tell the story about your Sunday morning bus ride Pleeeeeaaaase????!!!!!

stew

Post by stew » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:07 pm

Ellen (Dec 04, 2004 12:02 a.m.):
Okay Stew,
Now you've tempted me. Tell the story about your Sunday morning bus ride Pleeeeeaaaase????!!!!!
OK OK I was staying at the Lindo Mar & had bussed into old town to attend the 9:00 A.M. AA meeting & have breakfast with friends. A couple of other pals were coming out to spend the day snorkeling with me so I hoped onto a very crowed bus loaded with locals heading out for a Sunday at the beach. I was forced to stand against the back door of the bus & had leaned against the door jam to keep from falling out of the door. The gears "bled" oil all over my hand & arm. This very sweet teenage Mexican girl opened her purse taking out & handing me several tissues. I thought at the time how the average US teen on a bart train would have acted, must likely laughing at the old idiot. Not a big deal, but indicative of the difference in cultures.

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ellenl » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:13 pm

Thanks for sharing Stew,
I love little stories like that. I've also seen the huge difference in American kids vs. Mexican children. So much more respect down in PV, than my town. As a teacher, I would much rather teach down there in that regards!
Ellen