I wanna take the bus!

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

ptprism
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

I wanna take the bus!

Post by ptprism » Mon May 01, 2006 11:27 pm

We have been to PV 7 times and are going again next week. I want to come out of the airport and take the bus into town (like to the Gigante). Last time, I listened to all the "Cross over the bridge" people and...despite my wife's insistance--got on the bus. We ended up in Pitallal.
I just want to get a bus towards the Marina. We travel light--carry-on only-- so luggage is no problem. Can I just walk out to the street? Where is the bus stop? I understand there is construction at the airport and things are somewhat changed. If I take the wrong bus agian she will kill me!!! :oops:

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon May 01, 2006 11:32 pm

You just have to watch for the bus route written on the windshield. Look for one that says "Hoteles", "Gigante" or "Centro" and you won't go wrong. You don't need to cross the bridge to get the bus to town. Just go out the far doors where all the big buses wait, go past them to the street, and wait for the bus.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Tue May 02, 2006 12:27 am

ALL the Blue and White buses that go past the airport towards town will take you there. The GREEN ones MAY NOT!!!

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue May 02, 2006 12:42 pm

DELETED

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Tue May 02, 2006 8:59 pm

mexibeach wrote:
winterpegman wrote:ALL the Blue and White buses that go past the airport towards town will take you there. The GREEN ones MAY NOT!!!
LOL - it's a nice scenic tour on the green buses... :lol:
oh, so true! just don't panic. relax and enjoy the sights. we got some ideas for walks and such because of an unscheduled bus ride. :shock:

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Sat May 06, 2006 3:53 pm

when we were heading back to town on one of the buses tyler wanted to stay on till there were no ppl left so that we could see where all they go. But I was to chicken lol

desi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by desi » Wed May 17, 2006 4:27 pm

michelle/tyler wrote:when we were heading back to town on one of the buses tyler wanted to stay on till there were no ppl left so that we could see where all they go. But I was to chicken lol
My hubby, daughter and myself didnt try to do it on purpose but yes....we rode to the end of the bus route and we were the last ones on it...my hubby kept saying that the driver would turn around at some point and sd "we'll be fine" and we were but it was a good hr & 1/2 trip out of our way....not sure what town it was that we ended up in....way past the Marina and was all dirt roads(best I remember) the bus driver got to the end of his route...he laughed and said Alto and got off the bus. We didnt know what to do and so I found a child that spoke a little bit of english(I know...I need to learn more spanish as much as we go) and he found us the next bus going out(30 min later) and we were back on our way. It was good to see that area but I was a little nervous. Now we know to speak up if we are unsure of where were going and to make sure we know where the bus is going. I guess it was the end of the bus drivers shift or something.