Salsa

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Isa
Salsa

Post by Isa » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:00 pm

Where is the best place to hear (and dance) salsa in PV?
Can a girl go there alone? Thanks for your answer!

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Salsa

Post by pvdeb » Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:06 pm

See www.salsaweb.com/mexico/vallarta.htm
Note change in Jabalu location below

J&B in the hotel zone...large club, large dance floor, great live band, drinks are a little more expensive.

Jabalu is reported to have moved to the old Cactus location in Old Town, at Ignacio Vallarta & Francisca Rodriguez. I've not been to the new location, but suppose to have a much larger dance floor than they had before. The band I heard there was good; they played recorded latin and disco music inbetween band sets.

Both places fequented by lots of locals and Mexican nationals; less touristy, which is more to my liking. You can go solo to the clubs; you won't lack for guys asking you to dance. Some people feel that a female coming solo to a club is just asking to be picked up....for more than dancing....so depending on what you're looking for for the evening, just be aware and don't let excessive alcohol take away your ability to control what you're doing . Be sure you're the one making the decision on when and with whom you may leave the club. I have not been to the other 2 clubs noted on the above site, but have heard both are good.

Salsa rules!!

texmex

Re:Salsa

Post by texmex » Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:19 am

I am Mexican but live abroad (Vancouver) and can tell you didn't like Jabalu at all..kinda at the end of everything and was shaddy specially for a girl alone and not a local....J&B is where is at...good band ..good music before the band (which starts playing at about 12:30 and goes until 5:00am) and the place is nice clean and with good people around....
anyhow...hope u read this before you go...